Seedler Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrasyn

Eye of Cthulhu
I've just hit hard mode on my newest character, and I'm making an attempt to fishing up the Seedler from the Jungle biome. The wiki doesn't seem to list any specific requirement other than it being fished up in the jungle. But after what seemed like 100 attempts or so (with the mechanic's rod and night crawlers, which is at least 65% fishing power), I still haven't come close to finding it.

The only thing I've got going for me at the moment to increase my fishing power are potions (no gear, fishing lines, or anything else yet). Anyone have recommendations, or perhaps solutions to remedy the problem? I've tried underground and on the surface, no luck yet. It seems like a really great start to taking on the mechanical trio, but I just haven't found anything other than bass, neon tetra, and wooden crates.

According to the wiki, the Seedler is a 1/200 drop from fishing from 50% fishing power bait; keep trying :)

I was looking for jungle crates, so I drank a crate potion, after a few wooden crate and 2 jungle crates, I fished the seddler...weird, I don't think the crate potion has to do something, becuase fishing the seddler must be like fishing all those weaponfish (dagger fish, rockfish, sword fish and so on) but harder to get

According to the wiki, the Seedler is a 1/200 drop from fishing from 50% fishing power bait; keep trying :)

Ah, yep, found the drop table. 1/200, ouch. I'm not even close to being able to fight Plantera yet, so killing him for it is out of the question. Although it doesn't say that you need 50% bait, just a total of 50% fishing power. I'll see what comes up.

If you're looking for an easier weapon to acquire for the mechas and you're not concerned about the damage type, I recommend the Daedalus Stormbow from Hallowed Mimics. You can find them underground in Hallowed biomes, and while you're looking for them, collect as many Souls of Light as you can - 15 Souls of Light can make a Key of Light, which can be placed into a chest to turn it into a Hallowed Mimic, giving you another chance at the bow if you're unlucky. It's common enough that it doesn't take terribly long to get, imo. Plus I'd argue the Stormbow is bar none the best choice of weapon at this point in progression - coupled with Holy Arrows, Magic Quiver, Ranger Emblem, etc. this thing creates a hailstorm of arrows and stars that rip through the mechas in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom