Other Setting to load the whole game into RAM on startup.

Dracul JOSHI

Terrarian
I have 128GB of ram, but I can only install most games on my RAID5 due to space reason (RAID is build-in not external), but for some reason, Terraria always starts stuttering at startup and for a few seconds like every 10 minutes. I recon this has something to do with loading/saving but I ain't sure. I have tried graphics settings, but this happened with the 1080 and the 1080Ti which is 30% stronger so it's doubtfull to be a graphics issue. (playing in windowed mode btw.)

However, I recon a setting that loads the whole game into RAM on startup of a world would fix this for those of us, with a true Gaming PC. And no, I don't mind the game loading for 3-5 minutes or more when it only loads ONCE.

However, I recon a setting that loads the whole game into RAM on startup of a world would fix this for those of us, with a true Gaming PC. And no, I don't mind the game loading for 3-5 minutes or more when it only loads ONCE.
If I'm not mistaken, the game already does this when the world loads. Every tile and block is loaded into the game so that it doesn't need to process chunks like you think the game is doing. The issue you may be facing might have something to do with something else in the game, or a simple problem in the background that another member on the forums can assist you with.

If I'm not mistaken, the game already does this when the world loads. Every tile and block is loaded into the game so that it doesn't need to process chunks like you think the game is doing. The issue you may be facing might have something to do with something else in the game, or a simple problem in the background that another member on the forums can assist you with.
I have brought this up 3 times before and it's always either frameskip or lighting and both don't do jack an :red: when I change them.

Back
Top Bottom