NPCs & Enemies Shadow Queen boss!

Mighty Minotaur

Terrarian
Just an idea I had for a boss that I wanted to throw out here.

Boss Name: Shadow Queen

Type: Hard Mode Underworld Boss

HP: 66,000

Warning: "Laughter booms around you..."

Appearance:
latest

THIS IS NOT MY SPRITE, THIS IS FROM A GAME CALLED WINGS OF VI (I think her name is Azurel). IT'S MADE BY SOLGRYN AND IT'S AWESOME. CHECK IT OUT. I DON'T OWN THIS. YEAH. OK. THAT CLEAR? GOOD.
This is what she would generally look like. She wouldn't be as scantily clad (Unless the dev's don't care about that kind of thing), she would hold a Scythe, and would probably not have yellow eyes, she would be a little more than twice the players height.

Spawning Conditions: She has a 1/15 chance of spawning (I'll probably change this) every day as long as the following criteria is met:
One player has Adamantite Armor or better
Plantera has been defeated
You are in the Underworld
It does not matter what time of day it is

Movement Pattern:
She's one of the most aggressive bosses in the whole game. She normally stays above the targeted player, but will often times come down and begin circling them quickly, leaving projectiles in her wake.

Attacks:
This is just a list of attacks she'll perform. Some attacks will/should probably be removed.

Scythe Throw: The attack she'll use the most, as she circles the player or floats above them, she'll spawn beefy looking demon scythe projectiles that move much faster, do more damage, but are smaller.

Boomerang Scythe Throw: A bigger, stronger Scythe is thrown. It moves slower, does more damage, (obviously) is bigger, and flies back to her after it goes a certain distance. If she has 35% of her health or less remaining, this attack will take the amount of damage you take from it, multiply it x10, and give it to her as health. Take note that this attack is a little more uncommon, but is used more often as the fight progresses. This attack can inflict weak.

Super Stomp: The Shadow Queen moves straight above the player and and falls down quickly in an attempt to smash them. This attack does a lot of damage, and can inflict broken armor.

Gateway: A portal will appear, and Underlings (Little demon thingies) will spawn out of it. Underlings have Gastropod AI and will constantly fly towards the player, occasionally throwing Hoplite-like spears (But they look like pitchforks) that do about 35 damage and can light you on fire. If you shoot the portal enough, it will shrink and disappear.

Drops:
Hell's Fury (Rains 7 Fireballs down in a fashion similar to the Starcloak, but it serves as a weapon that consumes mana, and is much MUCH more powerful. Credit to Redstonetam15)
DMG: 70
Mana Cost: 15

If you have an idea for a drop, please suggest it below!

Trophy: One of her severed wings

Summary: This is basically one of the most aggressive-for-damage bosses in the game. She moves very fast, fires off shots very quickly, does lots of damage, and gets faster as the fight progresses. Also, if you move out of the Underworld, she becomes enraged and all of her attacks instagib you.

So...what did you guys think?

Everything on here is subject to change

Last edited:
Maybe, one, she doesn't despawn if you leave the Underworld (due to people not knowing) but instead becomes Enraged.

Two, a Shadow Queen... Eh, I love all of your little ideas, the way she fights, being an underworld boss... I love everything BUT the Shadow Queen herself. I'd expect something different, and I'm not sure what. But not that. Not from Terraria.

Maybe, one, she doesn't despawn if you leave the Underworld (due to people not knowing) but instead becomes Enraged.

Two, a Shadow Queen... Eh, I love all of your little ideas, the way she fights, being an underworld boss... I love everything BUT the Shadow Queen herself. I'd expect something different, and I'm not sure what. But not that. Not from Terraria.
Thanks for your feedback!
This is my first suggestion, so expect it to be a little odd. (Sorry if that sounds a little snappy, I'm new to forum posting.)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437918533,1437918449][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hell's Fury?
It's an item that rains fireballs.
Added. Thank you for suggesting it!
I made sure to give you credit!

Thanks for your feedback!
This is my first suggestion, so expect it to be a little odd. (Sorry if that sounds a little snappy, I'm new to forum posting.)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437918533,1437918449][/DOUBLEPOST]
Added. Thank you for suggesting it!
I made sure to give you credit!
It's okay, I do expect it to be odd. I understand. I just don't personally like the idea of player-like enemies. I want more unique bosses, is all. A demon-like boss doesn't feel like it fits in my opinion. Love the attacks though. Sorry to come off rude. :c

It's okay, I do expect it to be odd. I understand. I just don't personally like the idea of player-like enemies. I want more unique bosses, is all. A demon-like boss doesn't feel like it fits in my opinion. Love the attacks though. Sorry to come off rude. :c
Don't beat yourself up! I openly want criticism and opinions, so that I can make my idea better! I'm very grateful for the things you've said!
In my opinion, I love player-like/humanoid bosses. For me, I find it easier to relate and connect with them, and it makes the encounter feel more personal. Dunno why.

Well, to each their own. I'll support in part because you're reasonable and willing to agree with people when they have differing opinions, which isn't common on the Internet anymore. xD

Stats for Hell's Fury?

Got em', thanks for your suggestion!

Well, to each their own. I'll support in part because you're reasonable and willing to agree with people when they have differing opinions, which isn't common on the Internet anymore. xD

Thanks man! It means a lot to me! Anything else you think I should change?

Another question, does anyone know how I could possibly edit the title of the topic? I wanted to add the fact that it's an idea for a Hardmode Underworld Boss.

Ayy I was wondering what that head was covering in Gameraiders video... This 100% looks like a Modded Calamity boss. I would love to see this a thing

Back
Top Bottom