tModLoader Shadows of Abaddon mod

Rip Sacred Tools.

Hello new version with new name, I guess.
Sorry I just grew with the name of this mod so seeing it changed I wasn't a fan of.
I feel ya. I also grew attached to the name SacredTools, but in all? There's way more pros than cons to renaming the mod. More people will actually check out the mod now, as it doesn't just sound like a tool/cheat item mod anymore :V You'll eventually grow used to the name. We all will. Just give it some time.

I feel ya. I also grew attached to the name SacredTools, but in all? There's way more pros than cons to renaming the mod. More people will actually check out the mod now, as it doesn't just sound like a tool/cheat item mod anymore :V You'll eventually grow used to the name. We all will. Just give it some time.
True Dat; It did almost sound something like Cheat Sheet until I checked it out

bloosh.gif

Figured I'd share this small spoiler from the discord server. We're adding a lot of new pets to the mod in this update, including Ralsei from Deltarune! Make sure to join the Discord server if you haven't already, all the spoilers are posted there.

View attachment 213361
Figured I'd share this small spoiler from the discord server. We're adding a lot of new pets to the mod in this update, including Ralsei from Deltarune! Make sure to join the Discord server if you haven't already, all the spoilers are posted there.
Can't wait to take on a new boss while hugging ralsei with the revamped Claymarine while riding a new mount.

It would be funny if this pet turned out to be Oblivion-tier or something.

"The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released..."
"Impending doom approaches..."
"Darkness grows, fear hungers, the nightmares are roaming free..."
"..."
"The power of fluffy boys shines within you."
LOL:p

It would be funny if this pet turned out to be Oblivion-tier or something.

"The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released..."
"Impending doom approaches..."
"Darkness grows, fear hungers, the nightmares are roaming free..."
"..."
"The power of fluffy boys shines within you."
That would be awesome lmao
Actually though, it's a dev item for one of testers, Indi :V

I really like this mod. but there is just one thing

nightmare wraiths.

they are like wraiths but also shoot. which doesn't make them hard but just extremely annoying when trying to do something in your base (like crafting or building)

nightmare wraiths.

they are like wraiths but also shoot. which doesn't make them hard but just extremely annoying when trying to do something in your base (like crafting or building)
There should be something in the next update which will prevent them from spawning around you.

nightmare wraiths.

There should be something in the next update which will prevent them from spawning around you.
yeah they no longer spawn near towns
cuz to be fair, they can be a real NIGHTMARE amirite

'Kay so
one word.
Araghur.

What twisted mind came up with this bossfight?
I want to learn XNA coding solely to make an addon mod that lets you skip the fight through some loophole or something.
Because.
That boss.
Is.
The actual worst Terraria boss I have ever fought and that's saying a lot.
No offense to the designers or anything intended, but just...
1. Super fast boss, you essentially need to use the minimap to see where its coming from ahead of time especially at lower resolutions.
2. Hitting any segment gives you 10 seconds of not being able to heal, or attack... Which refreshes with each hit... And applies even if you shadow-dodge or black-belt dodge the attack. Also takes out like 1/3 of your health even with the defensive Void Warden set and a Worm Scarf and a few other damage reduction accessories.
3. Projectile AND minion spam, both of which give you the most intense DoT debuff I've seen outside of joke content. Have like 1/4 your health left after getting hit once by his tail or something? Dead. Can't heal because you can't use items, can't use one of those super short-lived, painful to farm for potions that protects you against that one specific debuff...
4. The entire second phase. Fast boss, projectiles, minions, and now you can only damage the hardest part of it to target which moves at mach speeds, meaning you basically have to "1000 papercuts" it to death. Even a rather OP homing weapon and another rather OP weapon that can go through lots and lots of blocks were of little to no help against him and both times I managed to beat him were sheer luck more than anything.
5. He never seems to despawn after your first death, and instantly despawns after your second. This is fine.
6. You know all of this already and have done nothing about it. The mask even says it gives you the urge to rage. Clearly someone on the team knows this boss is a nightmare, even moreso then the flippin' Emissary of Nightmares.
7. To top it all off, half his drops are hidden behind needing to fight him underground because he wasn't unfair enough already I guess?
8. The enemies that drop the component you need 25 of to craft a single one of his summoners are super rare even with a water candle in their own cave biome.
9. You need to beat him 2-3 times to get enough blood to make the forge, the anvil, a single set of the gear, and even just one weapon.
0. I hate this boss. I want to like this boss. The concept is cool. But I can't.

Cough-
Anyway, with that out of the way.
The Pandolar Salvager is my new favourite NPC in any Terraria mod ever. Kind, adorable, sells useful and cool stuff, and gives you random, scaling free stuff which is (almost always) actually useful or worth something, free of charge.

On the note of Pandolars though, the True Moon Edged Pandalorra, aside from having an absolutely amazing name, is underwhelming compared to other weapons of its tier and doesn't really have the DPS to match up even with sword and projectiles hitting. A shame.

...Also wait, the description says it has four NPCs...?
Nuba, The Challenger, Fluffyboi... Who else? I legitimately forget who the 4th NPC is, I have so many from so many mods. The ones from this mod are particularily unique so I'm surprised I can't recall the fourth. Maybe I've somehow not gotten them yet.
...Oh wait, that guy.
...Why is that guy a thing. Housing space is valuable. Where's an eviction mod when you need it? I have literally Danny DeVito thanks to Beyond The Forgotten Ages, I don't need this guy too...
...Eviction mod. That's actually a good idea. Hm.

...Anyway yes.
Uh.
Good mod overall, do approve. Glad I gave it a second chance after I removed it from my very first modded playthrough due to wanting to focus on Thorium.
Now for the Challenger. I do hope that the Leveled mod doesn't cause me to go over his damage cap >_>;;

'Kay so
one word.
Araghur.

What twisted mind came up with this bossfight?
I want to learn XNA coding solely to make an addon mod that lets you skip the fight through some loophole or something.
Because.
That boss.
Is.
The actual worst Terraria boss I have ever fought and that's saying a lot.
No offense to the designers or anything intended, but just...
1. Super fast boss, you essentially need to use the minimap to see where its coming from ahead of time especially at lower resolutions.
2. Hitting any segment gives you 10 seconds of not being able to heal, or attack... Which refreshes with each hit... And applies even if you shadow-dodge or black-belt dodge the attack. Also takes out like 1/3 of your health even with the defensive Void Warden set and a Worm Scarf and a few other damage reduction accessories.
3. Projectile AND minion spam, both of which give you the most intense DoT debuff I've seen outside of joke content. Have like 1/4 your health left after getting hit once by his tail or something? Dead. Can't heal because you can't use items, can't use one of those super short-lived, painful to farm for potions that protects you against that one specific debuff...
4. The entire second phase. Fast boss, projectiles, minions, and now you can only damage the hardest part of it to target which moves at mach speeds, meaning you basically have to "1000 papercuts" it to death. Even a rather OP homing weapon and another rather OP weapon that can go through lots and lots of blocks were of little to no help against him and both times I managed to beat him were sheer luck more than anything.
5. He never seems to despawn after your first death, and instantly despawns after your second. This is fine.
6. You know all of this already and have done nothing about it. The mask even says it gives you the urge to rage. Clearly someone on the team knows this boss is a nightmare, even moreso then the flippin' Emissary of Nightmares.
7. To top it all off, half his drops are hidden behind needing to fight him underground because he wasn't unfair enough already I guess?
8. The enemies that drop the component you need 25 of to craft a single one of his summoners are super rare even with a water candle in their own cave biome.
9. You need to beat him 2-3 times to get enough blood to make the forge, the anvil, a single set of the gear, and even just one weapon.
0. I hate this boss. I want to like this boss. The concept is cool. But I can't.

Cough-
Anyway, with that out of the way.
The Pandolar Salvager is my new favourite NPC in any Terraria mod ever. Kind, adorable, sells useful and cool stuff, and gives you random, scaling free stuff which is (almost always) actually useful or worth something, free of charge.

On the note of Pandolars though, the True Moon Edged Pandalorra, aside from having an absolutely amazing name, is underwhelming compared to other weapons of its tier and doesn't really have the DPS to match up even with sword and projectiles hitting. A shame.

...Also wait, the description says it has four NPCs...?
Nuba, The Challenger, Fluffyboi... Who else? I legitimately forget who the 4th NPC is, I have so many from so many mods. The ones from this mod are particularily unique so I'm surprised I can't recall the fourth. Maybe I've somehow not gotten them yet.
...Oh wait, that guy.
...Why is that guy a thing. Housing space is valuable. Where's an eviction mod when you need it? I have literally Danny DeVito thanks to Beyond The Forgotten Ages, I don't need this guy too...
...Eviction mod. That's actually a good idea. Hm.

...Anyway yes.
Uh.
Good mod overall, do approve. Glad I gave it a second chance after I removed it from my very first modded playthrough due to wanting to focus on Thorium.
Now for the Challenger. I do hope that the Leveled mod doesn't cause me to go over his damage cap >_>;;
Yes; This is a very common complaint. Dan, Koopa and the rest of the Devs are working hard to correct that mistake and many others for when 1.1 Arrives

Back
Top Bottom