Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
In my crimson world, when I shimmer Unholy Arrows, I will get a wooden arrow and a worm tooth. No vertebra. Maybe this is to prevent me from farming BoC?

I believe this is "working as designed". Items that have multiple crafting recipes will only deconstruct into one set of components, regardless of world evil or other circumstances.

^Unholy Arrows are listed there

I believe this is "working as designed". Items that have multiple crafting recipes will only deconstruct into one set of components, regardless of world evil or other circumstances.

^Unholy Arrows are listed there
I think the devs forgot about Unholy Arrows when they were working on shimmer decrafting. Items with multiple recipes because of world evil type usually have each recipe tagged either crimson or corruption. The game uses this tag to decraft the item approprately based on the selected world evil or "evil of the day" on drunk worlds. For some reason, both recipes for Unholy Arrow isn't tagged like the others, so maybe a bug?

Probably an oversight.
Shimmer and the Vertebra recipe were added in the same update, it's possible they finished working on the shimmer and then after that made the vertebra recipe, and just forgot to go back and update the shimmer stuff to include the vertebra recipe.

It's not an oversight, it works this way intentionally.

For Unholy Arrows and several other items that have multiple recipes, de-crafting 'properly' is problematic. If you brought a bunch of Unholy Arrows that were crafted with Worm Teeth to a Crimson world, what is the 'proper' set of ingredients for de-crafting? Worm Teeth because that's how they were crafted? Or Vertebrae, because that is what the world evil is? It's really not possible to choose correctly in every circumstance (though I'm sure some will disagree with this).

In those situations, one recipe is chosen as de-craftable, and any other recipe is marked not de-craftable. For Unholy Arrows, you always get Worm Teeth, no matter how or where you de-craft them. The devs chose the simplest solution, that's all.

Indeed, the crafting recipe for Unholy Arrows taking Vertebra is explicitly marked as non-decraftable in the code.

Back
Top Bottom