Console Should Pipeworks wait until announcing updates after 1.3?

When should Pipeworks announce updates?

• Months ahead of time, while still in development

• Right before/during certification

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stanicek3

Plantera
This 1.3 release has been a mess of delay after delay. Pipeworks has given us fairly large windows for expecting the update, yet nothing has happened. This has lead to a countless number of players already losing faith and patience with Pipeworks. This brings the question, should Pipeworks announce updates several months in advance, or should they only announce an update when they know when it’s ready for certification?

I believe they should wait until the update is either in certification, or going into certification. It would lead to less disappointment knowing that the delays have already passed without us even knowing about them. What about you guys?

There would've been far less drama here if they'd waited until cert testing rather than hyping everyone up twice.

But hindsight is 20/20, and who's to say they weren't close to completion both times before some crazy bug showed up and tanked the whole process again?

One thing that was brought to our attention recently is the 1.3 update will be giving pc sized worlds to consoles. That's roughly double the size. AND they're trying to keep our current worlds intact as well, I'm sure that alone must've taken a good chunk of time to figure out.

After the last 2 delays we might be looking at silence now right up until cert testing has started. And, honestly, I hope it stays that way moving forward. Lord knows we don' need any more false hype.

I think they should wait from now on until they are sure the update will be going to certification.
I realize rewriting the entire code and stuff is time consuming and then adding 1.3 on top of it, that's why I haven't gotten angry like a lot of people. Annoyed, yes, but not ridiculously angry.
And that's the thing that is more annoying than the delays, the people who get obscenely angry because it isn't out and that's why I think they should wait until absolutely sure.

Back
Top Bottom