Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

EpicHobbit21

Terrarian
In 2013, Mojang released 3 batches of 2,500 tickets for Minecon (total of 7,500). The first batch sold out in 3 seconds. Does this mean Terraria could pull it off, too? Not necessarily. Last year, Terraria had sold over 3 million copies on the PC, meaning its probably between 4 and 5 million copies sold by now. It's also sold 1 million copies on the console and 1.3 million copies on smart phones (a total of roughly 7 million copies). Minecraft, on the other hand, has sold a total of 15 million copies on the PC, 13.5 million copies on the console edition, and 21 million copies of the pocket edition (for a total of 49.5 million copies). In other words, Minecraft has sold ~7 times more total copies than Terraria. However, let's analyze the types of copies sold. Minecraft sold most of its copies through Pocket Edition. But people who buy pocket edition alone are only buying an app, and are not very likely to want to go to Minecon. The same goes for Terraria. So if we factor the apps out of the equation, Minecraft would only have 28.5 million copies sold while Terraria would have between 5 and 6 million copies sold.
So now, Minecraft would only have 6 times the fanbase of Terraria. Plus, we must consider that everyone who plays Terraria on a mac does not count as a copy sold. This, of course, is because Terraria cannot be bought on a mac, and therefore must be downloaded illegally. So with mac users included, who knows how much closer the Terraria fanbase would be to Minecraft's? So, if Minecraft has a fanbase about 6 times larger than Terraria, wouldn't that mean that a Terraria convention could only be 1/6 the size of Minecon? No! Most people who wanted to go to Minecon couldn't because tickets sold out so fast. If, say, 1 in every 4 people who wanted to go to Minecon was able to get a ticket, that would mean that the total people who wanted to go would be 30,000 people! So, if Terraria could manage 1/6 of that number, it would mean 5,000 people! 5,000 people would be more than enough to attend a Terraria convention. All things considered, I believe a Terraria convention would be possible if Relogic ever decided to do one, and would be an excellent source of revenue for the company, aside from a great place for fans to have a blast.

Terraria could potentially and something like this would be really nice and fun to go to. Though it might not be that necessary of a thing to do, it would be great to meet other Terrarians and see the latest news and the sort. This probably goes in General Discussion, but oh well.

Terraria could potentially and something like this would be really nice and fun to go to. Though it might not be that necessary of a thing to do, it would be great to meet other Terrarians and see the latest news and the sort. This probably goes in General Discussion, but oh well.
I personally think it would be a lot of fun and I would be willing to go, but like you said, I'm not sure if others find it a necessary thing to do. That's why I don't know if it will ever happen.

I personally think it would be a lot of fun and I would be willing to go, but like you said, I'm not sure if others find it a necessary thing to do. That's why I don't know if it will ever happen.
Well, the whole setting up and planning might be a distraction for the development team at these current circumstances, adding to the business would be, annoying.

Well, it depends on A) Location and B) How many 12 year olds will force their parents to bring them How many people are willing to go to such an event just for a video game, plus minecraft has around 4x the players not counting cracked users.

It would obviously happen in either Europe or the U.S., so whether a Terraricon happens or not would be a moot point to me.
I would hope US, since that is where the game was made and that is where the majority of people who play the game come from.[DOUBLEPOST=1413328438][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, it depends on A) Location and B) How many 12 year olds will force their parents to bring them How many people are willing to go to such an event just for a video game, plus minecraft has around 4x the players not counting cracked users.
I know that Minecraft has 4x the users, I put the statistics on the post. But Terraria has a ton of cracked users (especially on mac) and like you said, there would be plenty of 12 year olds who would force their parents to take them XD

Even though I only play mobile, I still think a TerrariaCon would be fun and I would want to go. I think other non PC would like to go. The hard part is finding the percentage.

Back
Top Bottom