Showcase [Showcase] New method of entering a HOIK

spasematt

Terrarian
I recently discovered that if the player is running at full speed with lightning boots, if they are on top of a side HOIK and holding down, they are able to engage with the HOIK like so:
lOz3XeJ.gif

(Don't mind the terribly executed side-into-down HOIK)
I've coined the term "momentum engagement" to describe this method.
It most likely works the same way fallen stars can be HOIKed
I'm not sure what momentum engagement is useful for yet, but I used it here as a secret house entrance.

If you have any ideas on what this could be used for, feel free to post them here.

Interesting. Perhaps mobs that can fall down platform will mount the hook with you below them. Otherwise perhaps they ghost into a different hoik. (just thought up a redundant player detector)

That seem interesting.
I may have a couple idea to use this.

But there is a restriction, you need boot, and that is a problem.
If someone find a way to do this WITHOUT boot, then this would have a real utility !

like this?
RC6SAfI.gif
Oh...... That was fast.

And yeah, like this.

And thinking of it, your design gave me an idea. Right now, I'm working on a HUGE project (That I'm not saying anything on it right now :p), and this, gave me an idea for it... Hmmm.

That seem interesting.
I may have a couple idea to use this.

But there is a restriction, you need boot, and that is a problem.
If someone find a way to do this WITHOUT boot, then this would have a real utility !

This method can also be achieved by using a hoverboard to gain momentum. It may also be possible to use a portal gun speed set-up. It might even be possible to engage using knockback!
[doublepost=1500985478,1500985259][/doublepost]
Interesting. Perhaps mobs that can fall down platform will mount the hook with you below them. Otherwise perhaps they ghost into a different hoik. (just thought up a redundant player detector)

That could work if the monster was going fast enough, maybe like a unicorn? But I'm not even sure that mobs hold down on anything else but platforms...

This method can also be achieved by using a hoverboard to gain momentum. It may also be possible to use a portal gun speed set-up. It might even be possible to engage using knockback!
[doublepost=1500985478,1500985259][/doublepost]

That could work if the monster was going fast enough, maybe like a unicorn? But I'm not even sure that mobs hold down on anything else but platforms...
What if you hammered platforms so they were in their lower position right above the hoik track?

Back
Top Bottom