Showcase [Showcase] Random Access Memory

putianyi888

Terrarian
Hi, everyone! I'm currently trying to build a computer in Terraria, of which RAM is an essential part.I got an RAM designed by another person before, but that RAM is too large and may not meet my needs, so I managed to build an RAM by myself. You can check how it works by an attached file or here. This is my first time using google drive so please tell if you can get access to the world file.
On entering the world, you will see three 8-digit binary numbers denoted by READ, WRITE and ADDRESS respectively. You can set WRITE and ADDRESS via switches while you can't set READ. There are also 2 levers. You can set READ to the value in ADDRESS by the left lever and set value in ADDRESS to WRITE by the right lever. You can easily find the main circuit area following wires.
upload_2018-10-30_18-57-9.png

I plan to make a video to show how it was built. However, as I don't like to add any subtitle or speak in my videos, please ask any questions here.

Update: I have uploaded the videos showing how to build a D-latch, the substructure of horizonal type RAM with size 3*4 per bit and how it works, the substructure of vertical type RAM with size 2*8 per bit, and a showcase of a 256B RAM.

Update: subtitles added to the second video.

Attachments

• RAM_putianyi888.wld
    383.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom