Sprites Shroomite ammo

marulok

Terrarian
SHROOMITE AMMO

A while ago I had just finished crafting myself a sweet set of Shroomite armour. I was just getting ready to delve into the dungeon when I looked at my mushroom farm. "What am I going to do with all of those glowing mushrooms?" I pondered. I didn't want to craft a hoverboard and I was soon about to get the picksaw. I then realized that after getting the armour, glowing mushrooms, and thus Shroomite, lose most of their utility. I then realised. "Why not make shroomite ammo?"; There where already mini-nukes crafted from shroomite, and it IS the "ranged" bar. So here I am, presenting my newest suggestion, also my first one that contains actual items... Shroomite ammo!

My suggestion consists of two ammo types, bullets and arrows. I figured that I shouldn't propose shroomite rockets because mini nukes exist. Anyway, here are the two items:

Shroomite bullet:
1594310107977.png

Damage: 16
Velocity: 4
Velocity multiplier: 3
Knockback: 4
Tooltip: "Bounces of walls and leaves behind a mushroom cloud."
Effect: Ricochets off walls to a max of 7 times and leaves behind mushroom spores (See below).
Recipe: 1 shroomite bar at an autohammer = 150

Shroomite arrow:
1594309968067.png

Damage: 10
Velocity: 2
Velocity multiplier: 2
Knockback: 3
Tooltip: "Chases your foes and leaves behind a mushroom cloud."
Effect: Soft-home in on enemies and leaves behind mushroom spores (See below)
Recipe: 1 shroomite bar at an autohammer = 125

The effect both of the ammo shares, is that for every few blocks the projectile travels, a lingering, mushroom spore with an AI identical to a spore sac spore spawns and lingers for 10 seconds. The orbs do splash damage and deal 25% of the final projectile damage. The ammo types have luminite bullet treatment (hit enemy once and ignore forever)

Spore:
1594501623707.png

AI: Spore Sac spore
Damage: 20% of total damge of ammo fired.
Knockback: 1.5
Crit chance: None
Duration: 10 seconds

Now, what is my reasoning behind this idea? First of all, I thought of the tier of the bullets. What comes after plantera (apart from golem, which is easy)? Dungeons, frost and pumpkin moon, duke, and EoL.
We already have good single-target bullets (,chlorophyte, ichor, venom, etc.)
And single-target arrows
(Ichor, venom, holy)

What we don't really have is good lategame crowd control for the events about to ensue; piercing bullets are terrible with guns (Luminite bullets aside), and holy arrows got nerfed, which leaves hellfire arrows and chlorophyte arrows. The two of which aren't the very best. I don't support the fact that a Pre-HM arrow is one of the best for CC, and I believe it could deserve a small nerf, in exchange for addition of Shroom arrow.

I also decided that since chlorophyte bullets home, and arrows riccochet, why not swap their roles around for shroomite? This allows players to have a choice in which tracking mechanic they prefer and make bows that bit easier to aim. As stated earlier, the shroomite arrow homing isn't super good, as to not make it the new meta-arrow.

"Why give them tracking?" one might ask. Well since an important destination post-plantera is the dungeon, which contains a lot of turns and corridors, a ricochett wouldn't hurt, and give players who play save an advantage over skeleton snipers and other ranged enemies. (No direct LoS but still able to hit). I didn't give shroom arrows homing because that is a trait the chlorophyte arrows already possess.

Anyway! This is the end of my suggestion. This is my biggest suggestion so far, so let me know if I missed something. I believe I have overtoned the anmo so tell me if something is too good! Feedback on the sprites would be amazing; they're the first ones I ever made!

Thank you for reading, and have a good day/night!
11/7: Changed spore damage to 15% from 40%
Fixed sprite error
Added recipes

Attachments

• 1594309968067.png
    1594309968067.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
40% of total dmg fired? I could see that as being abused by rapid fire weapons. I do like the idea of spores.

40% of total dmg fired? I could see that as being abused by rapid fire weapons. I do like the idea of spores.
Hmm, I guess that's true; considering the multiplier from all of the spores' explosions, I'll change the damage to 15%

Sorry there alreadly bouncing bullets (Meteor Shot) so it may just leave spores behind
I did consider that, but they only ricochet once and they have normal piercing, which is a joke for ranged at that stage of the game. I really wanted to copy chlorophyte arrow behaviour, but that might not be apparent enough. Should give them the same type of homing as those? I'm really not sure because it'd most likely end up better than luminite then.

Back
Top Bottom