Weapons & Equip Shroomite Armor Buffs

Shroomite Armor is by far the weakest end-game armor. It's bonus effects are bad, it's passive effects are lacking in comparison to Spectre & Beetle, and it also takes 3.5 years to craft (though that isn't a problem, honestly.)

I know a good way to change it, for the better.

1. The reason(s) it is lacking
Shroomite Armor is lacking in multiple ways. For one, Shroomite Armor helmets only benefit one ranged type. Explosives (Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Prox. Mine Launcher, etc.) Guns (Megashark, Tactical Shotgun, Sniper Rifle) and Bows/Repeaters (Pulse Bow, Repeaters, Tsunami). This makes Shroomite a bit more limiting, which is frustrating. Imagine if Beetle Armor ONLY gave bonuses to Spears. Or Spectre Armor only gave damage to fire weapons. Another reason is that it's active is useless outside of Player vs Player combat, or in slower paced areas of the game like Space or the Purity, which, why the hell would you need stealth capabilities in those areas? It's totes BUTTS, dude.

2. How we can make it not totes butts
For starters, give all Helmets +15% ranged damage. Not EXPLOSIVE damage, not GUN damage, RANGED damage. This would make it so that you don't have to specialize in a singular helmet.

And secondly, give all helmets their own effect!
Shroomite_Headgear.png
Shroomite Headgear
Bonus: Bullets now bounce around violently, arrows now explode into shrapnel which bounces a little, explosives now shoot out flak violently.
"Ping, pang, p'chweoom! P'chwanmp! P'tank! Chweoooom!"

Shroomite_Helmet.png
Shroomite Helmet
Bonus: All enemies killed by ranged weaponry explode in a small burst of blue gas, damaging anyone who walks in the gas for 30 damage (Except for the player, of course).
"Get off my damn lawn."

Shroomite_Mask.png
Shroomite Mask
Bonus: +20% chance to not consume ammo, and activates stealth when NOT firing. You can move around in stealth mode too! As long as you don't fire your gun. The rate at which your stealth goes away depends on weapon type. Sniper Rifle and Tactical Shotty take it away the fastest, while Uzi & Megashark take it away the lowest.
"Are we rushing in, or are we going 'sneaky-beaky' like."

Thoughts?

This is not really a fix, it's more like a pointless buff.
First off, at end game, the guns, bows, and rockets all require such different playstyles. The main two guns have a spread you have to deal with (Chain Gun and Tactical Shotgun), and the next best guns are non autofire or have gravity affected bullets. The rockets mostly curve, while you have to deal with explosion damage. And if you use a snowman cannon, you're not going to use anything else. As for the bows, Pulse Bow is for ricochets, but isn't that strong on its own, while Tsunami is a powerhouse if you can aim. It's a hassle to switch between the types of ranged weapons, which is why there are different helmets.
Second, your set bonuses are OP. If you want to understand, try using crystal bullets to understand explosives and arrows, and meteor shots with Chain Gun to understand the bullets. Crystal bullets already do insane amounts of damage, and what you're suggesting is the Snowman Cannon be buffed from 500 damage a shot to around 1250-1750 damage when used with the right helmet. The gas... Have you seen the amount of enemies that gets killed in Pumpkin and Frost moons? This would make clearing them go at least twice as fast. As for the mask... this makes PvP a little TOO easy. It is already ridiculously easy to ambush an enemy, and if you could follow them potentially infinitely, it is much to OP.
I have not played much ranger, but I don't think you've played any, and just look at the numbers. It may seem imbalanced, but it is perfectly balanced as is.

This is not really a fix, it's more like a pointless buff.
Are you serious? Shroomite is by far the weakest end-game armor. Spectre has it's OMGWTFBBQ life steal, and super mega DPS increasing death orbs. Beetle has it's beelte thingies giving the player straight up giving the player bonuses, and what does Shroomite have? Oh, if you stand still for 6 seconds you get a big damage boost. When are you going to stand still for 6 seconds? By the time you have Shroomite, you'll be fighting Pumpkin/Frost Moon, Dungeon, and Duke Fishron, all of which are scenarios in which if you stand still for 6 seconds you will get destroyed.

First off, at end game, the guns, bows, and rockets all require such different playstyles.
No, not really. It's just point and click. I mean, sure rockets are slower, but still, it's the same thing, point and shoot. And by that logic, Spectre shouldn't give bonuses to all magic weapons, only one because they all require such different playstyles.

The main two guns have a spread you have to deal with (Chain Gun and Tactical Shotgun)
Yes but it doesn't actively effect how you use them. It's still point and shoot. Oh, also, Uzi.

The rockets mostly curve, while you have to deal with explosion damage. And if you use a snowman cannon, you're not going to use anything else.
Yes, but what about the post-Plantera stage? You got weapons like Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, and Proximity Mine Launcher. They don't do much damage to support yourself, and are dangerous. You have to at least bring a backup gun or bow just in case baddies get too close to you.

Second, your set bonuses are OP. If you want to understand, try using crystal bullets to understand explosives and arrows, and meteor shots with Chain Gun to understand the bullets.
Granted, some of it could be changed, of course. But you can't use Crystal Bullets with Explosives and Bows. Meteor Shot is slow, and the Chain Gun is inaccurate. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Crystal bullets already do insane amounts of damage, and what you're suggesting is the Snowman Cannon be buffed from 500 damage a shot to around 1250-1750 damage when used with the right helmet.
I should've stated that the flak does a flat 25 damage, so at most it's just spiky balls but for bullets.

The gas... Have you seen the amount of enemies that gets killed in Pumpkin and Frost moons?
Have you seen the amount of Spectre Orbs the Spectre Mask can create?

As for the mask... this makes PvP a little TOO easy. It is already ridiculously easy to ambush an enemy, and if you could follow them potentially infinitely, it is much to OP.
PvP shouldn't be used to balance things. I'm just saying.
Plus PvP is imbalanced as :red: so it doesn't really matter.

Since lategames guns aren't as strong as the fishron drops, and I kind of like your suggestions (I feel there's room for improvement but blue mushroom themed effects won me over), I support. The lack of regen and very good weapons makes ranged the weakest (melee can switch from flairon to vampire knives for a quick health fix and switch back, spectre hood is op (mask is bad compared to though) and ranged is not bad... but just feels lacking. Your shroomite mask feels like it should do more than just stealth and consume less ammo though (consume less ammo is a very weak fighting stat, as is less mana usage).

Back
Top Bottom