Biomes & Nature - Sickness Biome - A Third Evil Biome?

Rexsilion26

Terrarian
_355c9d6a-7785-44d3-b05a-5bf16b40373e.jpeg

Image made with IA

- IDEA -

This Biome would be a new alternative to the Corruption and Crimson Biomes.
-
If that couldn't be the case, it would be an interesting biome for a Secret Seed.

- SICKNESS BIOME -

The Sickness Biome is a place where giant organisms similar to viruses and bacteria live.
-
The caves in this biome would be similar to those in the desert.
Like an anthill, but with wider spaces.
-
Like the Orbs and Hearts of other Evil Biomes, this biome would have Bacterias in its caves.
When you break one of these Bacterias with a hammer, it will drop one of several items.
Upon breaking 3, the Biome Boss would spawn.
-
The biome would have its own ore, wood and theme song, which I can imagine would be "Sick".

- ENEMIES -

Viruses, Bacteria, Protozoa, Parasites and other pathogens.
This would be the type of monsters that would inhabit the biome, having stronger versions in Hardmode.
-
Most would fly, some crawl.
Bacteria enemies divide, viruses cause "Sick Debuff".

- BOSS -

The Boss of this biome would be a Giant Bacteria.
-
It would stay in one place and constantly pull out little bacteria from its body to attack you.
His body does not deal contact damage in this phase.
-
His only weak point would be his Core, which he would constantly move during the fight.
-
As the Boss loses life it will become smaller and smaller.
At a certain point it will enter a second phase, in which it will finally move to move away from the player and shoot projectiles.

Well, that's the idea.
I know I didn't propose any items, but I didn't have any ideas.
-
Comment your opinion and an item idea if you have one!

View attachment 468167
Image made with IA

- IDEA -

-
If that couldn't be the case, it would be an interesting biome for a Secret Seed.

- SICKNESS BIOME -

The Sickness Biome is a place where giant organisms similar to viruses and bacteria live.
-
-
Like the Orbs and Hearts of other Evil Biomes, this biome would have Bacterias in its caves.
When you break one of these Bacterias with a hammer, it will drop one of several items.
-
The biome would have its own ore, wood and theme song, which I can imagine would be "Sick".

- ENEMIES -

This would be the type of monsters that would inhabit the biome, having stronger versions in Hardmode.
-

- BOSS -

-
It would stay in one place and constantly pull out little bacteria from its body to attack you.
-
His only weak point would be his Core, which he would constantly move during the fight.
-
At a certain point it will enter a second phase, in which it will finally move to move away from the player and shoot projectiles.

Well, that's the idea.
-
Anyone have ideas for what the mimic would drop or what the mycophages (the orb summons for this biomes boss) would drop

Last edited:
I made this theme song for the biome.
I'm not an expert at making music, but it serves to give you an idea.

Obviously it's not supposed to end so quickly, but I can't do much more than that.

I don't think we need a 3rd evil. I think with 2 is enough, just like how ores have 2 options. This is a cool idea indeed, but I think just the Corruption (which already fits the infection theme) and the Crimson (which is like the ugly ew organs biome that could have this theme a bit) are enough. It would also make it harder to choose one to stay with on a world depending on what each has. And the special seeds that create all Evils would be more stuffed (Which fits the chaos of special seeds but in this case is just too much). Plus, lore concerns a little? but eh not a lot of people even know this game's lore.

Image made with IA
:(

For the boss, perhaps it could be the virus boss from Math Evolve! That'd be a cool crossover.
View attachment 468259
Yep that boss from the math game is commonly referred to as a bacteriophage so I made the boss based off the microscopic organism
View attachment 468167
Image made with IA

- IDEA -

-

- SICKNESS BIOME -

-
-
-

- ENEMIES -

-

- BOSS -

-
-
-

Well, that's the idea.
-
Tree/wood/basic blocks for the biome
Erwinia Trees Grow on the surface the wood is a dark green block with brown spots the sprite has brown spots with green color

The surface is made out of a green yellow grass on dirt blocks and Endostone (a stone block composed of half microbes half rock)
Similar sounding to ebonstone but the name was perfect so I picked it

Green Ice is the biome ice block

Also what about the orb things for the boss summon be called mycophages to match the bacterial vibe

When you break one of these mycophages with a hammer, it will drop one of several items.
Drop table for mycophages
The items could perhaps be counterparts to the corruption and crimson orb/heart items

made the boss for it with some creative liberties taken

The Boss of this biome would be Hijacked Bacteriophage

-
It would move around to different spots, drill into the ground leach infected Fluid into the ground Making parts of the ground dangerous to touch like hellstone or meteorite inflicts Hijacked when touching these infected tiles the fluid dissipates after the boss lets go of the ground and spit out bee-like enemies small clouds of Infected Phages killing these leaves behind clouds of poisonous bacteria from its head to attack you.
Hijacked
“Your immune system has failed”
Your body would be slower (-10% movement speed) weaker (-10% damage and attack speed) and lose 10% more hp on damage
Only inflicted in first form
-
His weak points would be his Head and the drill which he would constantly move during the fight.
-
As the Boss loses life it will crack until its shell fully breaks and the bacterial entity that hijacked it reveals itself it’s weak point would be its head
At a certain point it will enter a second phase, in which it will shoot out tendrils like plantera and move around it will switch between attacking the player with its spare tendrils if it attacks the player with them it will drain a small amount of hp and the player will be inflicted with bleeding for a few seconds and it will spit out infected Phages that inflict a weaker version of hijacked inflicted by the bosses first form -5% to movement attack speed and damage and 5% more hp lost on damage
(left over inside the bacterium after it hijacked the bacteriophage)

Hardmode Sickness

Hijacked Mimic

The mimic looks like a green gray chest with a white clawed bacteriophage attached to its mouth internally the top of the bacteriophage is red
The phage controls the mimics directions when it slams the phage turns dark red when it dashes it turns light red
Drops

Maybe there could be an Infected Mimic which drops the Mucus Coating, an accessory which applies the sick debuff to enemies who come into direct contact to the player, as well as giving the player sick immunity

I made this theme song for the biome.
I'm not an expert at making music, but it serves to give you an idea.
View attachment 468263
Obviously it's not supposed to end so quickly, but I can't do much more than that.
Yea the music honestly fits the vibe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom