Items Simply, buttons.

Would you like to see this added?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mazzy

Terrarian
The basics of wiring are simple. The two main components of a circuit are inputs and outputs. An input is something that creates a current and an output is something that receives a current. The most important thing to remember is that nothing will generate a constant current. For most inputs, there is no such thing as on or off. They will activate every output wired to them one time when they are activated. This means that you can't wire a switch to a statue and make it constantly spawn things; You must either flip the switch repeatedly or add a timer.

There may be no on or off with wiring, however it doesn't feel like it doesn't it? Actuators stay in whatever state they were set to with switches or levers, pressure plates activate a timer if placed beside them but don't disable them, timers will continuously activate. There's no current of energy, but everything in vanilla seems like a 2-step or no step solution.

An in-between is what I'm asking for. Namely Buttons.

Buttons will work as a 1-step solution. You press the button, it'll activate, then it will deactivate (or activate again I guess is more accurate to say).
Pressing one will cause a reaction followed by another reaction. An example of this is a one way passage using actuators. Press the button, a time will be activated, a passage will open for 1/3/5/etc seconds, the button will send another reaction, the timer will disable, and no more effort will be needed.

I'm sure there's work around solutions, I'm not sure how easy or difficult this is to implement, but it is something small that I believe would add a decent amount of depth for being such a simple item.

(This is my first post here on forums, so apologies if I made any mistakes like placing this in the wrong thread.)

Edit: I forgot to mention weighted pressure plates that function similarly, but the problem is that they activate/deactivate as soon as they're stepped off of. If a weighted pressure plate is connected to a timer, it will still disable/enable the timer as soon as you step on or off the plate. Buttons will function in a way that has them activate for a certain amount of time (I'm trying to think if it could be work in with timers somehow) and then activate once more to disable the output.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom