Other Sky block, how to maek!

Yousef the H

Terrarian
i saw red talking about sky block and making a seed for it, so seeing my friends deciding to do a skyblock and me with them made me realise just how tough it is sometimes to do this

so here are some REALLY annoying problems with skyblock that need to be fixed or worked around

fixing QoL :
first of all, a problem with life crystals. me and my friends have around 200-260 HP each and with each of us fishing for HOURS and barely getting drops
please make life cryrstals a secondary drop from gold/titanium crates with some slightly higher drop rates because oh my god we should NOT have 200-260 HP by mechanicals

as mentioned, we fished for hours and while that's an issue, there is nothing in current vanilla game that can stop the fishing part, as most of your gear will probably come from fishing and such so perhaps if you can make new way to get items in skyblock it would be really nice to have some new stuff for grinding rather than just making an afk farm and just getting drops from the stuff like that or making a fishing pond for each biome and waiting for ages to get the items you want
also please make cloud in a bottle obtainable in iron crates, it's gonna be such an improvement over what's available because triple balloons are such a W early game

for the dungeon, it would be easy enough to just make it so there's a small dungeon island, skyblock in minecraft was a map created with multiple islands so making islands in terrari aisn't going off the meaning of skyblock, for the temple however an easier way of makig it would make it so the temple key would be replaced as a drop by the golem summon area and a cell, not too much not too little

reducing the requirement for a desert and snow biome to a more reasonable 300-500 blocks is gonna make it so much easier to create these biomes in a literal vacuum
snow biome can't be obtained until you are post plantera which at that point it's barely even useful

fixing gear :

again, the only gear you can get is ones from fishing and enemy grinding after you can create the biomes, and that's ROUGH
you get very little hardmode ore drops from crate and with no HP you're forced to just continue fishing and fishing for gear
if it could be possible that in this seed there's some kind of way to get altars or smth it'd be really nice, not just in a mini corruption/crimson biome but as a craftable thing... at altars perhaps with souls of night

weapons like the night's edge can't be obtained due to the lack of hellstone so perhaps making it cobalt -> hellstone -> crimtane -> platinum instead of cobalt -> platinum would make that possible
even though night's edge can only be obtained in hardmode, the TNE (true night's edge) and terrablade are also unobtainable due to that
TNE is quite useful later on as a quick weapon to make to fight the solar eclipse with instead of having to painfully wait for chlorophyte to grow

summoner can't really obtain much early game stuff, i might be wrong as you can see above i'm more of a melee player, but i've seen that summoner has a somewhat rough time early game, no snapthorn, no finch staff or any earlygame so perhaps a craftable finch staff could help

ranger is fine, arms dealer gives you minishark and fishing gives you boomstick, enough to carry you until hellwing so yeah, in hardmode you could have an issue with onyx blaster but with some skill and 🧀 you might get destroyer and just roll with minishark and etc

mage seems fine, perhaps a craftable wand of sparking and an earlier to make snow biome could make it a bit fairer not sure much about mage but i think they're fine with grey zapi and stuff

by seems fine and stuff i'm just saying they have options, but all of them require a bunch of grind

idk why most of my forms seem like text bloat and scam but i am really bad at condensing messages, they just come out long ~~that's what she said~~ and i'm not good at making them any shorter
any extra suggestions will be appreciated! not much knowledge about post plant cuz i haven't reached that with friends yet!

i saw red talking about sky block and making a seed for it, so seeing my friends deciding to do a skyblock and me with them made me realise just how tough it is sometimes to do this

so here are some REALLY annoying problems with skyblock that need to be fixed or worked around

fixing QoL :
first of all, a problem with life crystals. me and my friends have around 200-260 HP each and with each of us fishing for HOURS and barely getting drops
please make life cryrstals a secondary drop from gold/titanium crates with some slightly higher drop rates because oh my god we should NOT have 200-260 HP by mechanicals

as mentioned, we fished for hours and while that's an issue, there is nothing in current vanilla game that can stop the fishing part, as most of your gear will probably come from fishing and such so perhaps if you can make new way to get items in skyblock it would be really nice to have some new stuff for grinding rather than just making an afk farm and just getting drops from the stuff like that or making a fishing pond for each biome and waiting for ages to get the items you want
also please make cloud in a bottle obtainable in iron crates, it's gonna be such an improvement over what's available because triple balloons are such a W early game

for the dungeon, it would be easy enough to just make it so there's a small dungeon island, skyblock in minecraft was a map created with multiple islands so making islands in terrari aisn't going off the meaning of skyblock, for the temple however an easier way of makig it would make it so the temple key would be replaced as a drop by the golem summon area and a cell, not too much not too little

reducing the requirement for a desert and snow biome to a more reasonable 300-500 blocks is gonna make it so much easier to create these biomes in a literal vacuum
snow biome can't be obtained until you are post plantera which at that point it's barely even useful

fixing gear :

again, the only gear you can get is ones from fishing and enemy grinding after you can create the biomes, and that's ROUGH
you get very little hardmode ore drops from crate and with no HP you're forced to just continue fishing and fishing for gear
if it could be possible that in this seed there's some kind of way to get altars or smth it'd be really nice, not just in a mini corruption/crimson biome but as a craftable thing... at altars perhaps with souls of night

weapons like the night's edge can't be obtained due to the lack of hellstone so perhaps making it cobalt -> hellstone -> crimtane -> platinum instead of cobalt -> platinum would make that possible
even though night's edge can only be obtained in hardmode, the TNE (true night's edge) and terrablade are also unobtainable due to that
TNE is quite useful later on as a quick weapon to make to fight the solar eclipse with instead of having to painfully wait for chlorophyte to grow

summoner can't really obtain much early game stuff, i might be wrong as you can see above i'm more of a melee player, but i've seen that summoner has a somewhat rough time early game, no snapthorn, no finch staff or any earlygame so perhaps a craftable finch staff could help

ranger is fine, arms dealer gives you minishark and fishing gives you boomstick, enough to carry you until hellwing so yeah, in hardmode you could have an issue with onyx blaster but with some skill and 🧀 you might get destroyer and just roll with minishark and etc

mage seems fine, perhaps a craftable wand of sparking and an earlier to make snow biome could make it a bit fairer not sure much about mage but i think they're fine with grey zapi and stuff

by seems fine and stuff i'm just saying they have options, but all of them require a bunch of grind

idk why most of my forms seem like text bloat and scam but i am really bad at condensing messages, they just come out long ~~that's what she said~~ and i'm not good at making them any shorter
any extra suggestions will be appreciated! not much knowledge about post plant cuz i haven't reached that with friends yet!
Yeah, a lot of this is very similar to what's been asked. Folks are mostly in agreement of what is good and bad in existing skyblock.
QoL... Life crystals: yes.
Alternative sources instead of fishing: The remix seed add pre-hardmode mimics that drop the missing gold chest loot like cloud in bottle. Also, wooden chest loot is now sold by the skeleton merchant. There's not much else to be done there if it can simply also apply to the skyblock seed.
Dungeon/Jungle temple: Something good is in the works for this already... Please keep in mind that adding extra islands means players having to find these islands in the void, it's quite a bit different from the minecraft experience where you can see them in the distance.
Reduced Biome requirements: 10000% agree. Dessert, Tundra, and Dungeon have overly heavy biome requirements. Red has suggested that he might add bombs that turn water into ice, which would solve that problem nicely while adding a very practical tool for building.

Gear.... With optimal quest fishing and the recent changes in 1.4.4.x hotfixes, assuming you can craft crate potions, fishing is much less grindy EXCEPT for heart crystals. You can actually get all the gear and ore you need rather quickly. I'd say maybe just a bit more readily accessable high tier bate, and either a better rate or alternate source for health and it's good.
Altars: also being dealt with
Hellstone: no idea what the end solution will be, but everyone suggests adding it to the shimmer ore chain and/or Hellstone crates (the hardmode ones specifically).
Summoners: Finch Staff is available in skyblock if you start with shimmer, but otherwise, yeah it's a bit of a problem. Ice bomb would probably resolve the summoner issue. The first whip is available from the zoologist appropriately early. Snapthorn is already available right after beating EoC as long as you have mud or dirt and water, just use corrupt seeds and then purify it.

Yeah, a lot of this is very similar to what's been asked. Folks are mostly in agreement of what is good and bad in existing skyblock.
QoL... Life crystals: yes.
Alternative sources instead of fishing: The remix seed add pre-hardmode mimics that drop the missing gold chest loot like cloud in bottle. Also, wooden chest loot is now sold by the skeleton merchant. There's not much else to be done there if it can simply also apply to the skyblock seed.
Dungeon/Jungle temple: Something good is in the works for this already... Please keep in mind that adding extra islands means players having to find these islands in the void, it's quite a bit different from the minecraft experience where you can see them in the distance.
i get that but it's really the only way to make the biomes accessable without flatout giving the player the blocks needed to build them
Reduced Biome requirements: 10000% agree. Dessert, Tundra, and Dungeon have overly heavy biome requirements. Red has suggested that he might add bombs that turn water into ice, which would solve that problem nicely while adding a very practical tool for building.
i get the desert because you sometimes find a bunch of sand underground in random areas (mostly close to surface) which could turn into desert if they lower the requirement but i still see the need of lowering it even if it's just for this seed
Gear.... With optimal quest fishing and the recent changes in 1.4.4.x hotfixes, assuming you can craft crate potions, fishing is much less grindy EXCEPT for heart crystals. You can actually get all the gear and ore you need rather quickly. I'd say maybe just a bit more readily accessable high tier bate, and either a better rate or alternate source for health and it's good.
Altars: also being dealt with
i haven't been too much up to date with the new changes but seeing this makes me at least feel good that the seed isn't THAT hellish atm and is being made even less annoying
Hellstone: no idea what the end solution will be, but everyone suggests adding it to the shimmer ore chain and/or Hellstone crates (the hardmode ones specifically).
easily just lava fishing
if they can make it somehow post eater gear only it'd make a much nicer way of progress since you still need a good chunk of fishing
Summoners: Finch Staff is available in skyblock if you start with shimmer, but otherwise, yeah it's a bit of a problem. Ice bomb would probably resolve the summoner issue. The first whip is available from the zoologist appropriately early. Snapthorn is already available right after beating EoC as long as you have mud or dirt and water, just use corrupt seeds and then purify it.
i forgot about those
leather whip is sooooo easily forgetable by me lmao, yeah it being early game prob is enough for summoner honestly
if you can find any other summon weapon early game with leather whip you can prob beat eye get snapthorn and beat the evil bosses

cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom