NPCs & Enemies Small suggestion for the Everscream mini boss.

R1ch4rd N1x0n

Terrarian
You know how the Mourning Wood drops spooky wood and a cursed sapling? Well, Everscream should drop a new wood called jolly wood, and some sort of sapling that summons a pet that looks like him.

Last edited:
You know how the Mounring Wood drops spooky wood and a cursed sapling? Well, Everscream should drop a new wood called jolly wood, and some sort of sapling that summons a pet that looks like him.

And what would the Jolly Wood do? I would assume the whole furniture set but more Christmas themed (since Spooky Wood has the pumpkins and stuff).
Would it be used to craft a set of armour as well? Maybe a melee or magic one? (Since Everscream drops the Razorpine and the Christmas Tree Sword.)

Overall, interesting suggestion but definitely requires more details.

And what would the Jolly Wood do? I would assume the whole furniture set but more Christmas themed (since Spooky Wood has the pumpkins and stuff).
Would it be used to craft a set of armour as well? Maybe a melee or magic one? (Since Everscream drops the Razorpine and the Christmas Tree Sword.)

Overall, interesting suggestion but definitely requires more details.
Maybe it could be a slightly better summoner set! :) Summoner needs more stuff anyway!

Maybe it could be a slightly better summoner set! :) Summoner needs more stuff anyway!

Though Frost Moon doesn't have a summoning weapon, we could easily suggest one.

Maybe something like the pirates? But elves. Could bridge the large gap for summoners from Pirate/Raven to Tempest/Deadly Sphere (37/40 base damage to 50)

Elf Staff
45 Damage
6 Knockback (Average)
Uses 10 Mana
"Summons Elves to fight for you"
(Someone sprite this ahhh)

The elves can vary in colour or appearance or something. If you get too far away, they can ride to you in Helicopters (like the Elf Copters)
It can drop from the Frost Queen like how the Raven Staff drops from Pumpking (to make it fair)

Actually, better idea. Remove Pine Tree blocks from the present drop and rename it into "Jolly Wood". Jolly Wood (your suggestion), would now be dropped by the Everscream and Jolly Wood would have a complete Christmas themed furniture set as well as a Mage set, since most of the Frost Moon's weapon drops are magic-based. Also, somebody make the Mourning Wood drop a Greek Fire and Razorpine-Flaming Wood weapon as well.

tfw completely ignored ahhh
what about the elf staff ahhh

I do agree that there should be a mage set, but I don't think there should be magic weapons added for the Mourning Wood.

Here's the weapon comparisons:
Pumpkin Moon - Frost Moon
The Horseman's Blade - Christmas Tree Sword
None - North Pole
Bat Scepter - Razorpine (imo. They have the same style of firing and have similar speed ranges)
None - Blizzard Staff
Jack 'O Lantern Launcher - Snowman Cannon (Both are Launcher-based weaponry.)
Candy Corn Rifle - Chain Gun (Both are fast, gun-based weaponry)
Stake Launcher - None
None - Elf Melter
Raven Staff - None

Honestly I think Pumpkin Moon should have gotten a ranged set of armour instead, but I guess it wouldn't have fit.
My point is, there are already more than enough weapons for the Moon events, no more should be added, to be honest.

A magic set of armour would be more fitting for the Frost Moon, too.
At that point in the game, you would have:
Turtle / Beetle (3 types)
Spectre (2 types)
Tiki / Spooky (2 types)
Shroomite (3 types)

Summoner was introduced recently, so enough love for it for now. Spectre, compared to the more commonly used 'classes', only has one armour and two types to choose from (Spectre-Healing and Spectre-Offensive)
A Jolly Armour set could be added that emphasizes more on Mana Conservation, perhaps? Maybe it can decrease a % of Mana Used by a weapon
E.G.
Blizzard Staff uses 9 Mana each use
Taking for example, Jolly Helmet gives 10% mana reduction,
Jolly Chestpiece gives 30% mana reduction and,
Jolly Leggings give 20% mana reduction.
And the set gives another 15% mana reduction.
So, adding that all up, it would equal 75% of Mana reduced.
9 would therefore be reduced by 75%, leaving a 2.25 mana use instead, which would dramatically increase the amount of time the weapon can be used.
Damage could also be slightly increased, and there should be some form of consequence or forfeit for using such a strong armor.

This armor type will really help in the endgame with Last Prism, though.
12 Mana to 3 Mana use. Masterful can decrease it even further, decreasing a total of 95% of mana used, which can result in a fantastic, long-use but weaker Last Prism

Back
Top Bottom