Game Mechanics Small things Journeys End Has to Fix & My Worries

Random Fellow

Skeletron
Journey's End will be released on May 6th, it will be Terraria's final major update. And I feel like there are a lot of small problems that NEED to be fixed. I will be talking about what I think about Journeys end, I have not watched all the trailers but this is what I would like to see.
1.Splash Screens
I usually treat Terraria like a pick up wnd play game, mostly I play Terraria for ten-fifteen minutes. Othertimes I will play for an hour or so. But loading screens are Terrarias big problem right now. When you boot up the game you get greeted by two or three plash screens. These take around 25 seconds to pass. I would remove these completely, when you play a game whoever made it is not important. You can put them as Watermarks on the title screen if you still want to keep credit after loading up the game.

2. Loading Screens
I can't say much here but find some what to decrease the amount of time it takes to load a save. Because once you get later in the game it will take over a minute to load. Its harder to pick up a game or to start a game for an afternoon when it takes awhile to get to THE GAME. Maybe find a way to free up space in the game or change how worlds are loaded so it doesn't take as long. So far these are minor nitpiks but when playing the game it effects your expericne.

3. My worries
Terraria is already a long expericne but I feel like its length is PERFECT. If journeys end only focuses on adding on after the Moon Lord then that makes me worry. A lot of modern games last for like 100 hours, I don't play modern games but if that is the average or shortest play time casually. That is way to long, but I trust Relogic and 505 games to make the update make the game not too much longer then it already is. If it is well done and excellently nuanced then this problem is fixed. I just hope they don't just add onto the end of the game but also some other stages of the game. So far this doesn't seem like much of a problem because some additions like golf seem like quick and fun things. 1.3 added six/(two big) new bosses, Cenx said they will ad more than 1.3, that is alot of bosses. Hopefully they do this update perfectly.

So, with your issue with splash screens and loading times.

It sounds like this is more of an issue with your connection to the game/RAM. Usually, the splash screen should take anywhere between 5-8 seconds to pass (Educated guess), so maybe check your computer/console/mobile device to see if anything is slowing down it down. I know this has happened to me before. It's best to scout and delete any unneeded backup files/cloned files, as they are a main source of space blockage. Also check for unneeded/unused games, browsers/browser history, general applications and pictures on your device. This should free some space and get things working faster.
Personally, it is extremely important to know who has made the game, and, whilst not exactly completely necessary, it is appropriate to state the name of the developer/development team as credit.
Also I quite like the designs of the splash screens, I find them pretty cool ;P.
Same goes for loading times to get into worlds. Just get rid of unneeded storage and you should be good.

As regarding worries for the new update, Journey's end.

By what I can tell, reLogic are not focusing on post moonlord, and are instead focusing on adding new weapons, blocks, general items and quality-of-life improvements to the game. There may be (potentially, I don't know, and am not a valid source) some certain things for after the Moon Lord has been defeated, but It isn't a Prime focus, to the best of my knowledge.
As with bosses, there have been confirmed to be 2 new bosses for the new update (1.4):D! One I believe is a blood-moon exclusive boss, which sounds pretty cool.

I hope I have helped you out with any issues you are having with the game and put to rest any fears/worries you have about the next update.

Don't worry about post moonlord content - Cenx has confitmed that there is none in 1.4.

1586893911734.png

So, with your issue with splash screens and loading times.

It sounds like this is more of an issue with your connection to the game/RAM. Usually, the splash screen should take anywhere between 5-8 seconds to pass (Educated guess), so maybe check your computer/console/mobile device to see if anything is slowing down it down. I know this has happened to me before. It's best to scout and delete any unneeded backup files/cloned files, as they are a main source of space blockage. Also check for unneeded/unused games, browsers/browser history, general applications and pictures on your device. This should free some space and get things working faster.
Personally, it is extremely important to know who has made the game, and, whilst not exactly completely necessary, it is appropriate to state the name of the developer/development team as credit.
Also I quite like the designs of the splash screens, I find them pretty cool ;P.
Same goes for loading times to get into worlds. Just get rid of unneeded storage and you should be good.

As regarding worries for the new update, Journey's end.

By what I can tell, reLogic are not focusing on post moonlord, and are instead focusing on adding new weapons, blocks, general items and quality-of-life improvements to the game. There may be (potentially, I don't know, and am not a valid source) some certain things for after the Moon Lord has been defeated, but It isn't a Prime focus, to the best of my knowledge.
As with bosses, there have been confirmed to be 2 new bosses for the new update (1.4):D! One I believe is a blood-moon exclusive boss, which sounds pretty cool.

I hope I have helped you out with any issues you are having with the game and put to rest any fears/worries you have about the next update.
I might have overexaggerated a bit but I meant all three splash screens. It might just be my internet issues but splash screens are still an annoyance to me no matter how long they take. I'm fine when you can just skip right through them.

Back
Top Bottom