Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Smart cursor no longer working with block placement as it did in 1.3.5,
I can no longer easily make giant blocks of dirt or fill in holes leveled with the surrounding blocks.
Whenever smart cursor is on with block selected it just act as if smart cursor is not on.

It still works with placing platform, mining, cutting trees, placing walls as I have done all these

Hello there, I'm not 100% sure the behavior you are expecting, but there is now an option that changes how Smart Cursor block placement behaves.

In game, select Cursor, and try toggling this setting:

1589824765818.png

Let me know if that helps with the issue, alright? :)

oh never knew that was there, played around with it but didnt behave as i wanted.
the only option in 1.4 is "disabled" and "to cursor"

went back to 1.3.5 and check that option.
there is "to cursor" and "filling"

in 1.4 "filling" no longer exist. that was the one i wanted..... is this a permanent change?

I'm being told it had some issues with it which is why it was removed.

I think we might reconsider adding it back in, but it was malfunctioning at the time. If we do re-implement it, I'll be sure to include it in the patch notes :)

I believe this is still the current state for the most part... Oddly enough if one holds the cursor over the player it will fill in an area around the player.... Locking the player in and acting similarly to the wall placement...

I assume this is not an intended function of auto placement for blocks seeing as it functions identically to wall placement AND it traps the player.

Back
Top Bottom