Game Mechanics Smart Cursor Should NOT Try to Dig Unbreakable Tiles.

So what should it dig?
The area around them, where the player is not focussing at?
I don't think that's preferred either. Imagine if it unintentionally breaks the ground you're standing on when mining towards the dungeon/lihzahrd.

Should it not dig at all? I think that's more annoying than not having a visual que on that it can't dig further.

Should it not dig at all?
Definitely! That is just like the fact that smart cursor would never try to dig "air". On this scenario, these unbreakable blocks should simply be ignored just as if there were no foreground tiles, and your cursor should aim at those breakable tiles instead. If the whole zone your cursor pointing towards are unbreakable tiles, then you are supposed to dig NOTHING. Under this circumstance, no visual cue is present. (Currently, you don't see a visual cue with smart cursor when you can't dig because your surroundings are clear.)

The reason why I post this thread is that when smart cursor highlights an unbreakable tile and you press dig button, you will dig. But since the tile is unbreakable, it won't be actually removed and you will get stuck to the digging procedure, which means it will never try to dig other (breakable) blocks, or they are "ignored". To resume your digging work, you need to disable smart cursor and do the complex manual work, which also greatly increase the work complexity. Smart cursor is for efficient work. But if it don't ignore unbreakable tiles, it will make your work inefficient instead. That's really annoying.

Imagine if it unintentionally breaks the ground you're standing on when mining towards the dungeon/lihzahrd.
This scenario is not likely to happen because the dungeon/temple boundaries are very wide. Besides, even on rare scenarios where the boundaries are not very wide, you may still disable smart cursor and manually dig target blocks. Besides, unless you are intentionally digging down (placing your cursor downwards), smart cursor will never break the ground you're standing under any circumstance.

Back
Top Bottom