Xbox One Smart cursor toggle not working

I am trying to use the manual cursor in Terraria, the Xbox One edition. When I press the binded key, it does not activate or deactivate smart cursor. I also have "Smart cursor mode" set to toggle. I have the binding set to pressing down on the right joystick, but other keybinds have this issue too. Trying a different controller or Xbox profile does not work. This problem persists in both singleplayer and multiplayer, splitscreen or not.

Reposting this because it was flooded. I am trying to use the manual cursor in Terraria, the Xbox One edition. When I press the binded key, it does not activate or deactivate smart cursor. I also have "Smart cursor mode" set to toggle. I have the binding set to pressing down on the right joystick, but other keybinds have this issue too. Trying a different controller or Xbox profile does not work. This problem persists in both singleplayer and multiplayer, splitscreen or not. I am nearly unable to build with this, hence the high bug priority.

I am trying to use the manual cursor in Terraria, the Xbox One edition. When I press the binded key, it does not activate or deactivate smart cursor. I also have "Smart cursor mode" set to toggle. I have the binding set to pressing down on the right joystick, but other keybinds have this issue too. Trying a different controller or Xbox profile does not work. This problem persists in both singleplayer and multiplayer, splitscreen or not.
Reposting this because it was flooded. I am trying to use the manual cursor in Terraria, the Xbox One edition. When I press the binded key, it does not activate or deactivate smart cursor. I also have "Smart cursor mode" set to toggle. I have the binding set to pressing down on the right joystick, but other keybinds have this issue too. Trying a different controller or Xbox profile does not work. This problem persists in both singleplayer and multiplayer, splitscreen or not. I am nearly unable to build with this, hence the high bug priority.
Hi @Frankiethelegosaur5 I combined your two threads into one to keeps things more organized. :)

What happens if you change your controller theme to a pre-set one (like “Classic”). You may just have a binding error. I haven’t seen anyone else having trouble with the smart cursor, so I’m hoping something else is going on with just your set up, and it’s not a game-wide bug.

Hi @Frankiethelegosaur5 I combined your two threads into one to keeps things more organized. :)

What happens if you change your controller theme to a pre-set one (like “Classic”). You may just have a binding error. I haven’t seen anyone else having trouble with the smart cursor, so I’m hoping something else is going on with just your set up, and it’s not a game-wide bug.
Hi, sorry for the... 3 or 4 month late reply?! Jesus, it's been longer than I thought. I recently tried changing it to a preset controller theme, and that doesn't work either. It seems to be a random thing.

Hi, sorry for the... 3 or 4 month late reply?! Jesus, it's been longer than I thought. I recently tried changing it to a preset controller theme, and that doesn't work either. It seems to be a random thing.
Mine is doing this as well I'm on Xbox 1 I haven't found anything to fix it yet. Idk it was like 2 weeks ago them I jumped on to play it wouldn't do the toggle.

Just to clarify, there isn't a setting called 'smart cursor mode' with a 'toggle' option, we have Auto Select Mode which can be hold or toggle Aim Mode Toggle and Smart Cursor Toggle with 4 options (By item type, For All items, Always On, Always Off) Is Smart Cursor Toggle set to to Always Off under Controller/Advanced or Mouse and Keyboard/ Advanced ?

CROFT-20230815-0103.png
CROFT-20230815-0104.png

Or you could try to reset of all your settings? from the front end menu go to settings >> All Settings (Reset) Obviously this isn't a great option but I cannot think how the smart cursor toggle would end up becoming unavailable unless it has been set to Always Off in the background somehow. (If you would like me to investigate further before you try resetting all your settings, can you send me your Xbox gamertag and i can take a snapshot of your data to investigate if i can reproduce it with your game data)

Thanks!
Roboarms

Back
Top Bottom