**REPORTED** Sniper Rifle in Item Frame

Leek865

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
iPad 5th Generation
Mobile OS
iOS 13.7
Basically, when I try to place a sniper rifle in an item frame, it is either unresponsive and nothing happens or the screen just shifts due to the sniper rifle allowing you to move the camera. Either way, I can’t place it in the item frame. I’m not sure if I’m just doing something wrong because this item works differently than most items but as far as I can tell I can’t seem to get it to work.

Edit: Sniper rifle isn’t the only item with this issue, turns out binoculars have the exact same issue as well

Last edited:
Thanks for the report! I've attempted to reproduce this, but am able to place both the Sniper Rifle and Binoculars on item frames without issues. I did this both by touching the item frame directly, as well as using virtual controls. If you don't mind, I have a few follow-up questions:

• Would I be able to see a video of this in action?
  • Would you be able to send me both your "config.json" and "VirtualControls.json" files?

Thanks for the report! I've attempted to reproduce this, but am able to place both the Sniper Rifle and Binoculars on item frames without issues. I did this both by touching the item frame directly, as well as using virtual controls. If you don't mind, I have a few follow-up questions:

• Would I be able to see a video of this in action?
  • Would you be able to send me both your "config.json" and "VirtualControls.json" files?
Oop my bad on the delayed response, I never check the forums so I didn’t see your response. I just tested it further and it seems that I can actually place these two items in an item frame except when I’m at the very top of the world. I’ve attached a video here to show that neither item works up there (and also show that it works elsewhere at the end). To be honest I have no clue how to get to find my “config.json“ and “VirtualControls.json“ files, so I can’t really provide those until I figure out how. Thanks for looking into this!

Also, in my time spent working at the top of the world, I’ve noticed then when I try to tap at the edge of the screen it often doesn’t recognize my tap, but that may have to do with the way my device works so I don’t know if that’s a bug.

Last edited:
Oop my bad on the delayed response, I never check the forums so I didn’t see your response. I just tested it further and it seems that I can actually place these two items in an item frame except when I’m at the very top of the world. I’ve attached a video here to show that neither item works up there (and also show that it works elsewhere at the end). To be honest I have no clue how to get to find my “config.json“ and “VirtualControls.json“ files, so I can’t really provide those until I figure out how. Thanks for looking into this!

Also, in my time spent working at the top of the world, I’ve noticed then when I try to tap at the edge of the screen it often doesn’t recognize my tap, but that may have to do with the way my device works so I don’t know if that’s a bug.
Thanks for the response! I can confirm that this isn’t behaving as expected in space, and have gotten it logged in our system.

Back
Top Bottom