Items Sniper/Rifle scope

Willow 2

Terrarian
The sniper scope is a fairly common accessory for a ranger. The damage and critical strike chance is not insignificant & the zooming-in can be very helpful when fighting events and certain bosses. The problem, is that the zooming-in feature is triggered with the "activate" key, meaning that while it's equiped, it zooms in every time you try to talk to an NPC, open a chest, even open a door; it would be very helpful to be able to toggle the zoom in some way. The paint sprayer and a few other accessories are toggled with a button to the left of the hot bar, I believe that all of the accessories there are for building, but some similar method to toggle either scope would be very helpful. Of course, it's possible to switch an accessory to vanity, but that also disables other effects, If there was another way to toggle it, one could turn it off while inside ones house, and turn it back on again when in combat. The vanity method does to a certain extent accomplish that, but it feels rather makeshift.

Also the twins map icons are switched, phase 1 Spazmatism has has phase 2 Retinazers map Icon and vice versa.

Last edited:
I must agree with you. I actually don't like this accessory because of that. It's annoying and kinda a little up mess with me.

What about an accessory toggling feature? Maybe a small icon in the corner of the slot that turns on or off it's function... it could on armour too....

It's definitely pretty annoying, but you can avoid it if you're selecting anything other than a gun when you right click.

I know this post is extremely old, but I feel like the solution would be to simply stop the whole scrolling feature, and just make it so that when you equip a sniper scope, your screen zooms out, granting you the ability to see significantly more of the map while it's equipped. Yes, everything on the screen would me smaller, but that would definitely help. They could also add a + and - symbol on the accessory, so that you can just click to zoom in or out if that gets to be a pain. I want to see more with the scope, but the scrolling has ruined the accessory for me.

Back
Top Bottom