So I finally started modding and have a few questions.

Nekohime

Queen Bee
I'm quite familiar with programming in general, and thought I would give modding a try.

1: What programs do I need? Do I just need Tmodloader and Visual Studio?
2: How do I go about distributing my mod.

Last edited:
I also just started to learn how to mod recently and I get most of the information that I from the official Github documentation.
1. I believe that the only limit to modding is that you can't do anything that the base game can't do. Plus I don't think it's possible to use any external libraries (dll files for example).
2. As stated in the documentation, Visual Studio is probably the best option available.
3. Tmodloader has an inbuild publishing option :
1592668401674.png

I would suggest getting Notepad++. It's like MS Notepad but sooooo much better. It's very useful for quickly going back and forth between code.

And you technically don't even need MS Visual Studio. Tmodloader works kind of like scripting. There really isn't compiling in my opinion.

I would suggest getting Notepad++. It's like MS Notepad but sooooo much better. It's very useful for quickly going back and forth between code.

And you technically don't even need MS Visual Studio. Tmodloader works kind of like scripting. There really isn't compiling in my opinion.
No. Don't use Notepad++.

Use an IDE such as Visual Studio, makes things so much easier.

I also just started to learn how to mod recently and I get most of the information that I from the official Github documentation.
1. I believe that the only limit to modding is that you can't do anything that the base game can't do. Plus I don't think it's possible to use any external libraries (dll files for example).
2. As stated in the documentation, Visual Studio is probably the best option available.
3. Tmodloader has an inbuild publishing option :
View attachment 279715
Mods can do pretty much anything C# can do. Also, you can, in fact, use external libraries.

Back
Top Bottom