Casual So one night I was bored.

Hie the Badger

The Destroyer
When I get bored I pull all of the boxes around in my closet and go through them and this time I found a few of those bic ink pens and tried to write with them. Their inkwells were, by average, half full yet they do not dispense their ink onto the paper therefor preventing me from drawing crude things all over the note book. None of them work. So I did what any correct person should do. Rip them apart and play around with the ink.

I was in the middle of smearing some around when an idea came to me. Rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol can dilute and heavily liquefy the thick goopy ink by the power of science. So I got out my bottles and stirs and filled a bottle with rubbing alcohol and started cutting up the ink wells and letting them drop into the rubbing alcohol and stirred them all up until the alcohol was saturated with diluted ink. So I just turned a few ink wells that were previously in a state of not working and turned them into at least 10 times more ink.

Do you know what this :red: is good for? Markers. I have plenty of dead markers with ink wells just *begging* for something to drink. I filled one with a dropper and saturated the marker tip and it works. I just revived a marker. Marks like a dream.

I'm telling all you random people this story because that was last year and the marker still works well and the ink in the dropper bottle is still very potent and even got some all over my hand in celebration.

TL;DR: If you have ink pens that refuse to ink you can add the ink to proper proportions of rubbing alcohol and make marker juice. Life hack.

Now go get your "dead" ink pens out of the trash.

Warning: No one do this if you don't have steady hands and patience. Even I don't come out of this mess free.

Last edited:
I need to stop skimming over things, this is yet another time I horribly misread something. I browsed over it and thought you were telling a story about how you tried drinking pen ink and got addicted to it.

Aside from that, I'll keep that in mind.

Made more ink and filled more markers. It seems to work well on plastic, doesn't come off. So this is actually a thing now.

Back
Top Bottom