So... What happened to summoner and fishing rod prefixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z0MG Pixelz

Terrarian
According to this spoiler thread, summon staff and fishing rod prefixes were supposed to bew added. Summoner staves still use mage prefixes as far as i can tell, and none of the rods I've acquired have ever had prefixes. Also flasks of frost and frost bullets aren't in the game either. What gives? Don't just promise us some cool suggestions being added to the game and fail to deliver! Very disappointed.

Last edited:
According to this spoiler thread, summon staff and fishing rod prefixes were supposed to bew added. Summoner staves still use mage prefixes as far as i can tell, and none of the rods I've acquired have ever had prefixes. What gives? Don't just promise us some cool suggestions being added to the game and fail to deliver! Very disappointed.
Summoner prefixes weren't added because they completely broke the game, fishing rod prefixes no clue

The devs have gone over this. Go to baconfry's summoner prefixes thread. Cenx gives an explanation there. And please, don't be disspaointed with the devs. They worked hard on this update and had to cut some things.

The devs have gone over this. Go to baconfry's summoner prefixes thread. Cenx gives an explanation there. And please, don't be disspaointed with the devs. They worked hard on this update and had to cut some things.
Thats for summoner prefixes, not fishing. I personally am not, but others, who knows?

I'm not saying I don't apreciate the work that went into 1.3. It is indeed an amazing update. But I don't think it's unreasonable to be disappointed when announced features don't actually end up in the game. And ok, maybe baconfry's suggerstion was OP, but couldn't they have rebalanced it so that summoning still had its own modifiers, seeing as it is its own class and not part of mage? And what about fishing pole modifiers? Flasks of frost? Frost bullets? Surely those things aren't OP.

I was disappointed about summoner prefixes being cut.

Mostly the crit chance element is what bothers me. I feel like it's deceptive to the players to lead us to believe that minions even benefit from crit chance.

Seriously, either let minions crit, or remove affixes with crit chance from their roll table.

these particular omissions were pretty disappointing, mainly because they were spoiled ahead of time. such is the risk of spoilers, I guess. I trust the devs to keep tinkering and adding though, the way they did with the 1.2.x patches. it's easy to forget that a lot of really awesome stuff came somewhere between 1.2 and 1.3, so patience may yet yield some of the cut content (without the need to wait until some mythical 1.4 patch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom