Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello! I noticed a pattern that when I used a Solar Tablet on my expert mode summoner world before defeating Plantera and Golem, a repeating sequence happened of a Solar Eclipse happening and a Blood Moon happening one after another. This has happened 7 or 8 24hour cycles in a row, and I am receiving all the drops (Neptune's Shell, Moon Charm, Death Sickle, etc.). It's showing zero signs of stopping and I'm getting worried I glitched my world permanently, so I decided to ask you if this was a bug or if I just have crazy dumb luck. Even if it was crazy dumb luck, it shouldn't even happen naturally at all as this world doesn't even have Plantera defeated. Please let me know!

P.S. If you were wondering how I spawned it before Plantera, I hoiked into the temple and used the fragments to make the tablet at a Mithril Anvil, I used it, not expecting it to work, and this whole thing started.

I think it's just RNG decided to hate you now, for whatever reason.

It can happen naturally too. Eclipses can happen naturally once in hardmode, the basic condition does nothing with Plantera or Golem. certain enemies (e.g. nailhead, butcher, Dr. Manfly, etc.) will not spawn before certain bosses being defeated though. You also could, theoretically, find a solar table in a chest at the temple's entrance too, it's nothing game-breaking to use them pre-plantera.

but having them 8 times in a row...? that just sounds crazy. I sometimes have them 2 times in a row, and that's very annoying too.

Thank you! It's extra crazy cuz at night it switched off to blood moon.
Me, a pure summoner, way underpowered, who just wanted to cheat the deadly sphere staff early (and failed) had a heartattack.
Did get a lot of deadly sickles though.

Thank you! It's extra crazy cuz at night it switched off to blood moon.
Me, a pure summoner, way underpowered, who just wanted to cheat the deadly sphere staff early (and failed) had a heartattack.
Did get a lot of deadly sickles though.
I think deadly spheres won't spawn pre-plantera though. so, you can get some nice loot, but not the deadly sphere staff, I think. By the way, I had a summoner playthrough earlier, and I found deadly spheres to be rather useless. they look all cool and intimidating, but they spend most of the time getting stuck in something, or missing enemies...

I think deadly spheres won't spawn pre-plantera though. so, you can get some nice loot, but not the deadly sphere staff, I think. By the way, I had a summoner playthrough earlier, and I found deadly spheres to be rather useless. they look all cool and intimidating, but they spend most of the time getting stuck in something, or missing enemies...
So use TERRAPRISMA!... joking, farm for Ravens

So use TERRAPRISMA!... joking, farm for Ravens
Those are all post-plantera too.
There's not that many options pre-plantera, but both the spiders and the enchanted daggers are pretty awesome (and I find them usually more useful, even if weaker, than stuff like deadly spheres) the tiger is a pretty alright choice post-plantera... but then, getting stardust dragon isn't very far. and it's very strong, and doesn't gets stuck in things.

but you might can try farming for raven staff, since you need tons of spooky wood for armor anyway, if you want that armor.

Back
Top Bottom