Items Some Ideas for Terraria!

Do you think my current ideas are good?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NicAnt

Terrarian
Here is just some of my ideas for Terraria!

My first idea is logic gates. Maybe there could be a way to build logic gates somehow w/ statues, but there is no block specialized for a function like an AND GATE or an OR GATE. if you don't know what an AND GATE is. Then just open the spoiler called how AND GATES work.
An AND GATE is a circuit that produces an output signal only when signals are received simultaneously through all input connections. Which means that there are two input signals and one out put signal. The two input signals must be on in order to emit an output signal and if only one of the signals are on then there will be no output signal because the other signal must be on. So switch 1 and 2 must be on to emit a output signal.
The only thing about LOGIC GATES is i don't know what it could be used for rather than just building a combination lock that goes into a room with jungle temple blocks. OK! Enough talk!
so another idea i had was maybe some kind of mine cart with maybe a dart trap or something in it that fires darts when given a wire signal or when you click on it, It will toggle off or on and will start (if on) to randomly shoot darts while it moves on the tracks. There could perhaps a way for it to upgrade and auto target enemies,but i think that will never happen.
Another idea is wireless signals. you would have to craft a transmitter and a receiver (like the pumps). The transmitter would send the signal maybe 50 or so blocks to a receiver and the receiver would emit a signal. an example of what it would be used for is when a blood moon or another event happens, you could flip a switch to a transmitter and send it to dart traps to shoot the zombies.
My last idea is an accessory or new wrench that you would equip/use to place wires faster. It would, when you place a wire, create phantom wires where ever your mouse is and when you place another wire somewhere else, it would auto place a trail of wires up to where you clicked a second time.
Here's an example of it's use. so your trying to connect a wire from an inlet pump to an outlet pump, but it will take forever to connect the both of them. But if you use the item/accessory, you can just place one wire on the inlet pump and another on the outlet pump and as soon you place the wire on the outlet pump, the wires would auto place them self to connect the outlet pump, but would only do that if you have enough wires in your inventory.
This idea is a trap idea, there should be (and this would fit well with the alien theme 1.3 has) a laser trap that shoots laser beams at enemies. It would act like a normal dart trap, but shoot a piercing laser that goes through the enemy.
This is another trap idea that also fits the 1.3 alien theme. This trap would act like a jungle temple spear trap but with a phaseblade (or lightsaber) and when given a signal, it would drop a phaseblade (like a spear trap),But would linger for a few seconds and damage some enemies until going back up.
This idea would maybe go along with the 1.3 alien theme or not, But also might be too OP. You would have a rocket trap that would shoot non ground breaking rockets that would damage enemies in a certain radius of where the rocket exploded at. A way of making it less OP is maybe lowering how often it fires or having to give it rockets manually to fire.

thanks for reading my suggestions! (if they made sense! :happy:)

Last edited:
A bit of a wall of text there. Consider spacing some and splitting ideas into spoilers if not separate threads.

I will say that a logic gate could be a life saver for mob grinders and might be decent for adventure maps.

Don't get the logic gates. (I am good at wires, but I do everything my own way) but can you please eloborate (I think I spelt that wrong) on the dart trap minecarts? they are the only things that aren't detailed.

Ok i got spoilers up and now everything should be less confusing.
Don't get the logic gates. (I am good at wires, but I do everything my own way) but can you please eloborate (I think I spelt that wrong) on the dart trap minecarts? they are the only things that aren't detailed.
and i will explain the mine cart dart trap a bit more

Ok, looks better. Also, they ARE adding new minecarts (one 1.3 had one with a laser-trail) so it might get added! this suggestion is a good one aswell :p.

Sure! just make sure they aren't equipment, decor, blocks etc. because those dont fit in this sections. also, can we have less hyper options for the pool instead of OMGYESPLSREDPLSADD or OMGNOEWWBURNIT (Those are the same thing as the options, basically). Otherwise keep on going with the suggestions! (Also, PLEASE keep with the mechanical item theme. It goes wonky when there is a thread with crafting materials, wiring items, mounts, pets all at once, put those in other threads.)

would traps count as blocks?
[DOUBLEPOST=1429413086][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok i changed the poll to less hyper options, but i have to shutdown the old one though.

would traps count as blocks?
[DOUBLEPOST=1429413086][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok i changed the poll to less hyper options, but i have to shutdown the old one though.
I would say traps count as mechanical items (They are used with wire, after all) so that would be fine. And the poll thing was because it hyper options are just a tad bit too silly.

I would say traps count as mechanical items (They are used with wire, after all) so that would be fine. And the poll thing was because it hyper options are just a tad bit too silly.
ok either today or monday i will be able to change the poll.

Back
Top Bottom