some sort of a 1.3.1 dungeon

mathcrab

Terrarian
building a very wet jungle-themed dungeon, using primarily iridescent bricks and titanstone.
Entrance.png

The amber gem removes the walls that keep the player out, while simultaneously activating all the lights in the right half of this building. It's pitch black and mysterious in there otherwise.
The entrance will probably be made more imposing later.
At the lower right is a tiny bridge over a very deep pit. There are gaps in the walls near the ceiling of that room so that it is light from above during the day- this, combined with the wispy little vine dangling over the edge, makes the pit feel pretty scary. A sensor at the edge of that bridge activates actuators that destroy it and turn out all the lights again, leaving the player to fall in the darkness. It's a neat moment.
Capture 2016-05-28 20_48_40.png

After the fall, the player lands in a puddle. Pretty standard.
Pink foliage and flowers are a visual shorthand for the presence of small, cozy rooms where the player can use a bed and set their spawn. To get to these rooms, they'll need rubies- some will be out in the open, some will be hidden, and there won't be enough to enter every checkpoint.
The wall towards the right is deactivated by player sensors. It's one way. After you walk past, you can't turn back.
The waterfall hallway after the wall is particularly pretty. I'm a fan of the lighting. The ultrabright living fire blocks I use as mist clouds are painted white in the previous room, but not this one- the blue is less comforting. There's a lantern on each platform that only activates while you're on it. That same wiring also activates statues in the ceiling that drop bad guys.
Language.png

I've been building things like this for a while. This style just makes me happy.

in all likelihood, this isn't going to go very far. this design style is extremely form over function, and I'm not that good at building puzzles or combat challenges anyway. still, it's nice to dream!

wow! I am pretty in love with this! I hope you add on too. I didn't realize titan stone and iridescent brick went so well together, thanks for showing that off so well!

Man I wish I had your building abilities. I'm more function over form... I tried my best with my temple:

index.php

Back
Top Bottom