Mobile Soul of Night Farm?

Sun

Cultist
Hey guys, i came here to the wonderful land of the mobile terraria community forums to ask some questions, and answer other peoples questions. I need help on an effective Soul of Night/Light farm. I would go through the trouble of making a wiring farm, but wiring on the phone is plain horrendous. Any tips to make my farming experience better? (i personally feel that getting souls in mobile is harder than in pc, but that's my opinion)

Hey guys, i came here to the wonderful land of the mobile terraria community forums to ask some questions, and answer other peoples questions. I need help on an effective Soul of Night/Light farm. I would go through the trouble of making a wiring farm, but wiring on the phone is plain horrendous. Any tips to make my farming experience better? (i personally feel that getting souls in mobile is harder than in pc, but that's my opinion)
My Soul of Light/Night farm is a meteor farm.

All you need to do is place a block of 40 meteorite ore in the specified biome. The meteor heads will come flying, and Souls will be dropped!

My Soul of Light/Night farm is a meteor farm.

All you need to do is place a block of 40 meteorite ore in the specified biome. The meteor heads will come flying, and Souls will be dropped!
They drop souls?????? i thought they added it so that meteor heads didn't drop anything useful to prevent exploits, like statue mobs?

They drop souls?????? i thought they added it so that meteor heads didn't drop anything useful to prevent exploits, like statue mobs?
That was before the 1.2 update, so I'll check. xp
But before, they definitely did.

No, Meteor Heads have fixed drops after a one patch, to prevent exploits.

In my case farming Souls of Night looked like this:

1. I went down to the hellevator to build Chlorophyte farm near spreading Crimson, made it around 170x170.
2. Got swarmed by monsters, every single time I tried to mine that goddamn hole or put blocks. Had to interrupt build at times. I ended up with around 100 Souls.
3. Profit

So basic idea is to make a huge space, where the Forest and Crimson/Corruption meet in the Cavern layer ( they need to be in border ), add jungle for increased spawns, though I had lots of monsters without that, they just kept spawning like madmen offscreen. 5 Skeleton Archers, 4 Giant Bats, Floaty Grosses, yeah.

No, Meteor Heads have fixed drops after a one patch, to prevent exploits.

In my case farming Souls of Night looked like this:

1. I went down to the hellevator to build Chlorophyte farm near spreading Crimson, made it around 170x170.
2. Got swarmed by monsters, every single time I tried to mine that goddamn hole or put blocks. Had to interrupt build at times. I ended up with around 100 Souls.
3. Profit

So basic idea is to make a huge space, where the Forest and Crimson/Corruption meet in the Cavern layer ( they need to be in border ), add jungle for increased spawns, though I had lots of monsters without that, they just kept spawning like madmen offscreen. 5 Skeleton Archers, 4 Giant Bats, Floaty Grosses, yeah.
Ah.
I'm stupid.

If you can get a suspicious looking egg to spawn lepus and build a corrupt biome, you could literally get over 600 over night. Not to mention a bunch of key molds. Basically I trap the lepus so only the corrupt bunnies they spawn can get to me and I wear turtle Armour. So I stand still and they just die charging at me. If you change the biome to hollow, you get soul of light and another key mold. That's how I got them all. If you close off the biome in a box, you keep other monsters that spawn out that could possibly kill you if you leave it over night. I've done it a bunch of times and haven't died yet.

If you can get a suspicious looking egg to spawn lepus and build a corrupt biome, you could literally get over 600 over night. Not to mention a bunch of key molds. Basically I trap the lepus so only the corrupt bunnies they spawn can get to me and I wear turtle Armour. So I stand still and they just die charging at me. If you change the biome to hollow, you get soul of light and another key mold. That's how I got them all. If you close off the biome in a box, you keep other monsters that spawn out that could possibly kill you if you leave it over night. I've done it a bunch of times and haven't died yet.
Hm, never knew the bunnies dropped souls, i'll have to try that, anything to make getting molds easier too, lol:p

Hm, never knew the bunnies dropped souls, i'll have to try that, anything to make getting molds easier too, lol:p
They do, as long as they are in the corrupt or hallow biome. Works rather fast as they spawn so many bunnies.

you can set up a meteroite biome in a underground corruption/crimson and set up traps to kill the meteroite heads
unforturnally, you need traps to properly afk souls of night

I just made a mini arena lining the outside of it with wood so nothing could spread beyond that area and conveniently change out the blocks to whatever biome I need at the time. In the attached photos I have it set to jungle for turtle shells.
Screenshot_2015-08-18-08-19-27.png Screenshot_2015-08-18-08-19-44.png Screenshot_2015-08-18-08-19-50.png Screenshot_2015-08-18-08-20-10.png

Back
Top Bottom