Other Sounds attached to 'post-bosses messages'?

Matheusk0

Terrarian
An example: When we kill plantera there is the message on the chat like that: "Screams are echoing from the dungeon" (I don't remember how it is exactly)
At the same time the message appears, the game should play a sound of screams echoing that everyone on the map/server would be able to hear it, and if the screen starts to shake while the sound is playing, it would be awesome.
Same thing after we kill all mechanical bosses, it could play a earthquake sound and shake the screen...
Same thing with every post-boss messages that are shown in chat... :)

Wow in all honesty I thought this wasn't going to be a suggestion worth looking at but you really pulled out a good one. I'd love to hear that. It'd make the game more immersive and that is something I'm all for

This is cool. I'll give some concepts for what I think should happen.
"You feel an evil presence watching you" A song starts from this point that sort of sounds mysterious and strange. If it's someone's first time playing it would sort of reinforce the thought that something is about to happen, but you don't know what that is.
"A horrible chill runs down your spine" A very quick silence. The music stops, but only for a second or two.
"Screams echo around you" the same as above, but now screams accompany the silence.
(Any army/ event signifier) You can hear the sound of marching until they arrive.
"You feel vibrations from deep below" Your screen shakes until the Destroyer arrives and the music from the EOC comes, but now it's remixed to be somewhat mechanical sounding.
"This is going to be a terrible night..." The mechanical mysterious music happens until the Twins arrive.
"You feel the air getting colder around you..." You can see your player's breath and the music once again happens.
"The jungle grows restless..." You can hear a roar in the distance, and some spores fly into the background.
"The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released..." Your screen flashes pink, then red/purple.
"Your mind goes numb..." The screen flashes the colors of the pillar you just killed.
"You are overwhelmed with pain..." Your character is pushed back quite far and makes the "you got damaged" noise.
"Otherworldly voices linger around you..." All music stops for about 10 seconds while you hear "otherworldly voices".

Last edited:
"Impending doom approaches..." You hear the mystery music, but this time, it's much more foreboding and it also has some lunar music type stuff.
It already does something. Each time the screen shakes, the sounds and noises are deafened, until right before where it all stops.

Screams are echoing from the dungeon"
At the same time the message appears, the game should play a sound of screams echoing that everyone on the map/server would be
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
Joking.
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
Or am I...?

I would totally go for stuff like this. I'm always game for more atmosperic stuff in games, especially Terraria. Also, Raptorboy's ideas are pretty awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom