Biomes & Nature Space Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as of now space is pretty empty. I already tried to make a sky expansion with a decent amount of success, I figured a space expansion wouldn't be too out of reach. Again I am not saying every idea in this should be taken, I'm just giving as many ideas as I can think of so if the developers do decide to expand space they can pick and choose as they please.

First off, wyverns and harpies belong in the sky. They won't spawn in space. This expansion...err...expands after martian madness. Both with martians and other aliens that may have hitched a ride on the martian ships.

I don't have any sprites yet which is a really stupid thing to do when making a biome suggestion. Bear with me for the time being.

Solar Panel
Block
Sold by mechanic for 10 silver

Bright light sends a wire signal.

Solar Panel Wall
Wall
Crafted with one solar panel to make 4.

Bright light sends a wire signal.

Asteroid
Block

It is a dull brown color with a crater pattern. Currently the only use for this is decoration.

Asteroid Wall
Wall

It looks like the asteroid but works as a wall. Again, purely decorative.

Satellite
100% Mining Power Required
Block

Decorative.

Satellite Wall
Again, decorative.

Antenna
Block

It has three antennas all at a different length. You may use a hammer to change the order of them. It is placed on other blocks and is again purely decorative.

Airlock
Door
100% mining power required

It doesn't open like other doors. It looks like it retracts into the blocks. When not powered it closes and locks.
Well you probably realized by now that there isn't any place to experience anything in space. I don't want to force you to either build a ton of platforms or use an infinite flight mount.

Satellites

These structures have two rectangular shaped sections of solar panel walls on opposite sides of each other. They are 4 by 2. In the center is satellite blocks. The shape is a tall rectangle with the blocks at the bottom are angled so it has this kind of shape at the bottom \_/. On the flat surface is an antenna decoration.

Space Station

It is a horizontal series of 4-7 rooms. The entrance to each room is blocked by an airlock. Unfortunately for you they're not powered. In order to get inside you need to either rewire the solar panels or attach a switch. You can mine it but that is with a molten pickaxe. Above and below each of the rooms is a 3 by 5 solar panel wall.

Asteroids

These are large chunks of asteroid blocks in space. They are usually between 30-50 blocks. The special thing about these is that if there is below a certain amount of asteroid blocks in space one of these structures will be created in a random place in space. It won't spawn within 5 blocks of a player placed block or wall. It also doesn't cover up any blocks, it generates new ones.
I'm not going to bother with banners. They all function the same so I don't want to have to request a set of banners too. Especially since developers rarely use the sprites in the threads.
Flying Star
AI Type: Bat
Damage: 20
Max Health: 30
Defense: 5
KB Resistance: 100%
Drops: 100% Fallen Star
These spawn in packs of 4-8. They can be caught in a net.

Astronaut
AI Type: Fighter
Damage: 30
Max Health: 80
KB Resistance: 20%
Drops:
2% Astronaut Helmet
2% Astronaut Suit
2% Astronaut Boots

These enemies spawn inside space stations. They have a ridiculous jump height so they don't need projectiles to hit you if you grab onto the top of the room.

Astronaut Spacewalker
AI Type: Plant
Damage: 35
Max Health: 120
KB Resistance: 50%
Drops:
2% Astronaut Helmet
2% Astronaut Suit
2% Astronaut Boots

These spawn on the outside of space stations if they have been opened before. They cannot move through blocks.

Malfunctioning Satellite
AI Type: Flying
Damage: 60
Max Health: 500
Defense: 20
Drops:
100% Satellite 30-100
100% Antenna
50% Airlock

Spawns in hardmode. It is a slow enemy. It's so you can use satellite to build without farming several worlds.

Asteroid Riders
Damage: 80
Max Health: 2500
Defense: 40
Drops:
4% Nefarious Claws
50% Asteroid 30-50

This enemy spawns rarely. It doesn't chase you, it has no choice but to continue moving a certain direction determined when it spawns. As it flies 4 musical notes fly out with 90 degrees between each one. It will also fire a laser toward you on occasion, it doesn't change the angle much and has a brief charge time so you can dodge.

I don't do references well :| . I know of two people who would get the reference. I suspect one of the staff members might considering the similarities between the vortex beater and a certain weapon in that same game series.

Scout Ship
Damage: 60
Max Health: 400
Drops:
100% Martian Conduit Plating 20-40
2.5% High Power Engine

Carrier
Damage: 80
Max Health: 3500
Drops:
100% Martian Conduit Plating 30-50
2.5% Interceptor Bay

It releases interceptors to attack you. Up to 10 may be out at a time.

Interceptor
AI Type: Flying Fish
Damage: 70
Max Health: 100
KB Resistance: 90%
These shoot lasers at a slow rate.

Space Dolphin
Damage: 100
Max Health: 1500
Drops:
1% Dolphin Saddle

These spawn in groups of 3. No they don't shoot bullets. That'll be unreasonable.

These are all accessories that make the UFO mount even more useful. Some of these upgrades take power to use. The power meter starts at 100% and regains 1% power per second if nothing's being used. 2% per second if you're not moving. Your speed is changed depending on your power. It is a gradual change at first but the lower you get the more severe of a speed change it is. Getting off the mount doesn't recharge the power.

High Power Engine

Hold shift to use the auxiliary engines. It triples the movement speed of the UFO mount by using power. It uses 2% per second.

+20% Movement speed with the UFO

Interceptor Bay

Double tap down to release extra interceptors. It takes 1% power per second to keep them out. You have one to start and three more when you double tap down. The interceptors deal 60 summon damage and fire non piercing blasts of energy.

Before you ask, no they won't be combined into one accessory. I'll be introducing more of these with my Martian smuggler thread. Maybe even a death ray.

Flying Star
Can be used as ammo for the star cannon for a homing shot.
Astronaut Armor
Helmet
6 defense
Suit
7 defense
Boots
6 defense
Set Bonus: Permanent slowfall buff. Jump increased by 10 blocks.

Dolphin Saddle

Summons a space dolphin for you to ride

This mount moves at 95 miles per hour but has a limitation. It must either go into space or water in order to start refreshing it's flight timer. You have a breath meter while in the water. If you land on land it will move at a crawl.

Nefarious Claws

Damage: 140
Knockback: 6
Use Time: 6
Tooltip: Right click to dash

Using right click uses a homing dash attack. You don't move through them, you move to where your claw may strike them and then it swings. This deals double damage. This leaves a blue after image while you dash. There is a 5 second cooldown that is reset after you kill something. Imagine how badass you would feel if you were able to one hit kill enemies during an invasion.

Sprites are appreciated. What I appreciate more is feedback. So what do you think so far?

A quick note, I'll be gone for a couple weeks. I'll act on your feedback later on. Also feed the fish while I'm gone.

I love this personally, as its packed with references and everything is perfectly balanced for its tier in my opinion. Is the reference to the rider from Ratchet and Clank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom