Game Mechanics Special/Ultimate Skills + Elements (Inspired by Skyrim, Devil May Cry, League of Legends)

Do you like this to be implemented as a future Terraria update or mod?

• maybe? Need some tweaks and changes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a) Light > Dark > Nature > Earth > Spark > Water > Fire > Metal > Light

• b) Light > Dark > Nature > Spark > Metal > Air > Water > Earth > Fire > Ice > Light

• c) Light > Dark > Nature > Air > Water > Fire > Ice > Earth > Spark > Metal > Light

• d) Light > Dark > Nature > Earth > Spark > Water > Fire > Metal > Ice > Light

• Total voters

FlashEx

Terrarian
Are you sick and tired of the same boring gameplay of standing still and attacking without any skills, mobility and diversity?

Here are some great ideas for various types of special and ultimate skills to spice up the game mechanics of Terraria.

Concept:

Introducing Stamina Bar (SB) and Terra Gauge (TG)!

The stamina bar and terra gauge are both separated from the health and mana meters.

The SB is depleted everytime a giga skill is performed, the TG is added when a special skill hits an enemy and the amount of TG gained depends on the amount of enemies that were hit by the special skills. The TG is depleted when an terra skill is used. SB can regenerate when the player stop using gigas and only use basic attacks.

Stamina Regeneration (SR): 1% every 20s. Eating food and water boosts stamina by 5% to 30% and SR by 1.5 to 3 times.

Melee Class Gigas:

Twister (Aoe Spin attack + Knockback)
Yoyos, flails and combat tools will have greater reach but slower attack speed.
Swords and spears will have decent reach and faster attack speed.
Cooldown (CD): 10s
Stamina Cost (SC): 30%

Counter (with melee weapons) 50% chance
Ranged attacks can miss player and be deflected
Melee attacks can be parried and reflected.
Magic attacks can bounce back to enemies.
CD: 2s
SC: 10%

Lunge Strike (Leap pass target and deliver a precise hit with a greater critical chance)
50% chance to evade melee attacks
25% chance to evade ranged and magic attacks)
Can be upgraded into Terras such as Piercing Bullet or Alpha Slash.
CD: 5s
SC: 25%

Melee Class Terras:

Piercing Bullet (Dash forward with intense ferocity and lightning speed to stab multiple enemies with 75% evasion.)
Critical Chance is maxed and critical damage x 2.
First enemy hit received the most damage while subsequent enemies get reduced 20% damage after the previous enemy.
Single enemy hit will take 2x bonus damage.
CD: 4s
SC: 25%

Alpha Slash (Blink through multiple enemies at the speed of sound and slash at the weak points of enemies.)
Invulnerable during Alpha Slash

Single enemy hit will take 4x bonus damage.
CD: 4s
SC: 40%

Player can train their skills by practicing them and leveling them up. Skills can be upgraded with debuffs and buffs. Player can create element based weapons by combining monster loots, essences and the chosen weapons. Different element weapons will affect the damage of skills on different types of enemies. Element advantage and disadvantage results in 50% damage increase and decrease to enemies respectively.

Possible Elements cycle (Please pick one element cycle that you think would work the best and let me know in the comments below.)

a) Light > Dark > Nature > Earth > Spark > Water > Fire > Metal > Light

b) Light > Dark > Nature > Spark > Metal > Air > Water > Earth > Fire > Ice > Light

c) Light > Dark > Nature > Air > Water > Fire > Ice > Earth > Spark > Metal > Light

d) Light > Dark > Nature > Earth > Spark > Water > Fire > Metal > Ice > Light

e) Nature > Spark > Air > Water > Earth > Fire > Metal > Ice > Nature (Light <---> Dark)

New ideas will be added in the future....

So what do you think? Leave your comments below and tell me your opinions about this. Feel free to add more ideas to improve this thread. This is just a work in progress and I will add more ideas in the future. I apologize if there were already similar thread to mine, I searched for similar ones and I couldn't find any.

Over complicating combat and wreaking havoc on balance. Every weapon in the game would have to be nerfed.
Lord garak,i get where ur coming from and u fear having to nerf many things.

Maybe the skills can be implemented like accessories?

Look at shield of cthulhu, it allows the player to dash when tapped twice in a direction.

Perhaps a skill (piercing bullet eg.) can be used by a key button (like the arrow keys) or by holding left click and add an animation to it.

Look at fire imp and goblin sorcerer, they both can teleport. We can add this mechanic to the player with an animation in the middle when the player performs a dash or teleport skill (alpha slash).

And regarding the issue of balance, the damage of skills can be nerfed and other skills can be implemented for magic and ranged playstyles.

I mean this concept can be added as a mod and you can choose whether you want to try it or avoid it.

Lord garak,i get where ur coming from and u fear having to nerf many things.

Maybe the skills can be implemented like accessories?

Look at shield of cthulhu, it allows the player to dash when tapped twice in a direction.

Perhaps a skill (piercing bullet eg.) can be used by a key button (like the arrow keys) or by holding left click and add an animation to it.

Look at fire imp and goblin sorcerer, they both can teleport. We can add this mechanic to the player with an animation in the middle when the player performs a dash or teleport skill (alpha slash).

And regarding the issue of balance, the damage of skills can be nerfed and other skills can be implemented for magic and ranged playstyles.

I mean this concept can be added as a mod and you can choose whether you want to try it or avoid it.
The Rod of Discord already enables teleportation.

The Rod of Discord already enables teleportation.
But but but.. it doesn't deal damage while the player teleports like the terra skill, alpha slash...

Wouldn't it be more fun if every player has unique skills that allows them to turn the table around, counter each other skills and allowing players to switch up their weapons or skills to strategize when and how to attack instead of rangers and mages just kiting the tanks/melee fighters. If players can close or lengthen the gap between each other, they would think twice before attacking a position and have to predict the opponent's next step.

Like if mages can conjure a bonewall to trap melee fighters or rangers can turn invisible for few seconds and unleash a barrage of arrows on enemies?

Then mages can summon a blizzard for 10 seconds which can reveal the rangers' invisiblity while rangers can fire a wide cone of meteor shower that arcs over the obstacles.

I mean you never try it before and you just say no already because you judge the mechanics as over complicating and unbalancing the weapons.

I got more ideas brainstormed but you just completely protest against this concept and I feel really discouraged to keep improving on this concept.

But but but.. it doesn't deal damage while the player teleports like the terra skill, alpha slash...

Wouldn't it be more fun if every player has unique skills that allows them to turn the table around, counter each other skills and allowing players to switch up their weapons or skills to strategize when and how to attack instead of rangers and mages just kiting the tanks/melee fighters. If players can close or lengthen the gap between each other, they would think twice before attacking a position and have to predict the opponent's next step.

Like if mages can conjure a bonewall to trap melee fighters or rangers can turn invisible for few seconds and unleash a barrage of arrows on enemies?

Then mages can summon a blizzard for 10 seconds which can reveal the rangers' invisiblity while rangers can fire a wide cone of meteor shower that arcs over the obstacles.

I mean you never try it before and you just say no already because you judge the mechanics as over complicating and unbalancing the weapons.

I got more ideas brainstormed but you just completely protest against this concept and I feel really discouraged to keep improving on this concept.
We already have something that does all of those things: weapons and accessories and armor. The "skills" are barely different than what's already in the game.

This is Terraria. "Elemental damage" and "training" don't fit in the game.

That being said, I think Giga Skills actually work well with Melee weapons, but as a form of mobility and utility, or more damage opportunities. Perhaps limit it to non-projectile short ranged weapons since they are the least viable stuff in the game.

Back
Top Bottom