Spiked Jungle Slimes become significantly weaker than Jungle Slimes upon entering Expert Hardmode

JohannSimm

Retinazer
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Mac Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
While regular Jungle Slimes gain huge stats multipliers in Expert Hardmode, Spiked Jungle Slimes gain a measly increase of 12 HP, and their contact damage is actually reduced by 6 points. (The damage from their projectiles doesn't change at all.)

There is a similar disparity between Ice Slimes and Spiked Ice Slimes, as well as between Blue Slimes and Spiked Slimes, in which the bonuses given the basic versions outscale the bonuses given to the spiked versions. However, the gap in power between Spiked Jungle Slimes and their non-spiked brethren in Expert Hardmode is massive, to the point where Spiked Jungle Slimes might as well not gain any adjustments at all.

I wonder if this might be just because moss hornets and turtles (and now even the jungle spiders too) are already very dangerous, so there's no real need of the spiked slime to be buffed more?

I wonder if this might be just because moss hornets and turtles (and now even the jungle spiders too) are already very dangerous, so there's no real need of the spiked slime to be buffed more?
I can see the point of that, but it still seems very strange to me that the damage would actually be reduced by a whole 6 points.

There are actually many enemies the Wiki lists as actually losing damage upon entering Expert Hardmode; I can't help but wonder if it's the result of a code error. I'd like to get official conformation as to whether this is intended. (Either that, or numerous Wiki pages are wrong.)

I can see the point of that, but it still seems very strange to me that the damage would actually be reduced by a whole 6 points.

There are actually many enemies the Wiki lists as actually losing damage upon entering Expert Hardmode; I can't help but wonder if it's the result of a code error. I'd like to get official conformation as to whether this is intended. (Either that, or numerous Wiki pages are wrong.)
Yeah, agree, that's kind of interesting. I wonder what is the actual reason for that? Is it that some biomes are too dangerous already, or is it some other reasons, I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom