Spore

I played the original DS version when the creatures were 2D :p

Loved it back then, along with Spore Hero Arena. But that was back when the DS light was still the top handheld....

was thinking about getting the PC version but meh...

Miss playing the game but I think I liked Darkspore better. Even more when I got it where my system could play the game reasonably well.

When it gets to the later stages, you kind of lose your character, basically, due to barely seeing it. And all that time adding them details; painful.

Anyway, love the game.

I've played a good 30+ hours now and i've got new opinons

1) Creature Stage (Nothing as good as destroying anything and everything that gets in your way)
2) Cell Stage
3) Space Stage
4) Civilisation Stage
5) Tribal Stage

Tribal stage is fun and all but it's complete bull:red:, I died fighting the last tribe, lost all my people and the entire game restarts... Bull:red: much?

It doesn't load from saves. Whenever all your people die it loads from the start of the stage, I hadn't saved since creature stage.

Creature stage, creature stage. You can somewhat alleviate having a weak creation if you go for aesthetics by 'hiding' a high level part inside of the creature, covering the lump with another part, but that won't do anything for limbs, or flying, if you want strong flight you're stuck with the feathered wings. Although if you have a ground hugging creature like a spider, you can put a small, jointless leg right under them with a high level foot, perhaps with some additional concealment from a part, and you'd be good to put insect-like feet on the outside legs.

I did like galactic adventures if just for the fact that I got the chance to play from a third person perspective again, and some people DO create some great maps. But mission creators don't allow for a great amount of complexity. Creatures the size of an epic will have the combat power of a normal creature for instance, if they have no weapons. Combat maps can often leave you cursing yourself for not going the warrior gadget route and even worse, it feeds off your complexity so you can actually gimp yourself ahead of time in galactic adventures if you like making creations with alot of parts. Obstacle maps can be pretty fun though.

Fun little fact: Spore was supposed to be light years better than what we have now.
Heapload of scientific explanations to things within the game, space artifacts like black holes (which were dangerous), dying stars (also dangerous), the sea wasn't just a very bad liquid ground but rather, an actual sea (Originally you were supposed to start off as a fish after the cell stage, then gradually work your way up to the surface) and so on.

So, what the :red: happened?
ea-logo.png

The worst possible thing happened.
EA decided that everyone and everything must be elementary school+severly :red:ed grade complexity, so they stripped pretty much 100% of the game down and made a new kindergarten's computer toy for 4 year olds to experiment with those scary computer things.

i played it when i was like 7 or something and i remember i enjoyed the second phase and then hated the rest

So, what the :redspin: happened?
ea-logo.png

The worst possible thing happened.
EA decided that everyone and everything must be elementary school+severly :redspin:ed grade complexity, so they stripped pretty much 100% of the game down and made a new kindergarten's computer toy for 4 year olds to experiment with those scary computer things.

Basically, EA happened to Maxis software, and instead of building an upgrade to Sim Life and Sim Earth, they ended up being forced to program :red: With Eyes Simulator 1995.

I just wish that it is possible to make something look visually appealing (tolerable is not appealing) and practical at the same time.

like why does putting several horns on it do nothing more than putting on one?

Back
Top Bottom