tModLoader [Spriters and Coders Needed!!!] New mod ideas!

DoomBringer

Terrarian
Everything here will eventually be moved to the Xervos mod!
Xervos mod: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-xervos-mod.50916/

Hi there, random people!

For the past months, I've been gathering and coming up with ideas for a brand new mod. I, however lack the skills to create such a thing. So I call upon you to help me!
The mod will involve quality of life improvements and a whole new way of playing Terraria. But even though I personally find what I have in mind very appealing, the fat that I don't know any programming language and am not very good with spriting hinders me.

Town NPCs:

• Archer
    -sells bows and arrows
  • Ninja
    -sells throwing weapons
  • Witch
    -sells potions
  • Gardener
    -sells herbs
  • Explorer
    -sells ores and blocks that can't be found in the world...
  • Spelunker
    -sells ores and blocks

Other NPCs:

• Exotic trader
    -Sells vanity items
Making the thrower class official, with new armor sets and a slight change to a certain event regarding extraterestrial pillars.;)
Two new pillars:
  • Asteroid Pillar
    -For all the throwers out there getting little to no recognition...
  • Aurora Pillar
    -For the undecided ones, who don't use a specific class.
More coming soon...
P.S. Please note that all names are temporary and subject to change.

So, if you want to join my cause,follow these instructions:

1. For joining as a coder
- Just PM me... I can't tell if you are good at coding or not by staring at a series of words I don't understand...

2. For joining as a spriter
- Show me two examples of sprites you can make and if I like them, you're in!

P.S. For discussions within the team, I'd very much appreciate if you used Discord. If not everyone uses Discord, we'll talk over on Skype, though I'd rather we didn't.

Sorry if you're not intrested and were just brought here by the click bate-ish title...:p

EDIT: More ideas coming soon!

Last edited:
Hi there, random people!

For the past months, I've been gathering and coming up with ideas for a brand new mod. I, however lack the skills to create such a thing. So I call upon you to help me!
The mod will involve quality of life improvements and a whole new way of playing Terraria. But even though I personally find what I have in mind very appealing, the fat that I don't know any programming language and am not very good with spriting hinders me.
You may wonder what those ideas are. To be honest, I'm not confident enough with my ideas to share them before I get a small team going.

So, if you want to join my cause,follow these instructions:

1. For joining as a coder
- Just PM me... I can't tell if you are good at coding or not by staring at a series of words I don't understand...

2. For joining as a spriter
- Show me two examples of sprites you can make and if I like them, you're in!

P.S. For discussions within the team, I'd very much appreciate if you used Discord. If not everyone uses Discord, we'll talk over on Skype, though I'd rather we didn't.

Sorry if you're not intrested and were just brought here by the click bate-ish title...:p
Sorry, but with no sprites or ideas to go off of I can't imagine anyone wanting to join. Spriting or coding aren't that hard, and no one really wants to join a mod if you got nothing to show.

Sorry, but with no sprites or ideas to go off of I can't imagine anyone wanting to join. Spriting or coding aren't that hard, and no one really wants to join a mod if you got nothing to show.
Yeah, I guess you're right... I think I'll get all my ideas sorted out and I'll start posting at least some... But still, I'm kind of a sensitive b****, and too much hate might throw me off... That's why I wasn't that confident to begin with...

I would code, but with no sprites, and the pillars being difficult to code, I don't really think it's worth it. Sorry

I would code, but with no sprites, and the pillars being difficult to code, I don't really think it's worth it. Sorry
Well, the pillars aren't really all that important for now. I think having NPCs and items/weapons/armor etc. first is much more urgent. I could do something about the sprites, too... I can sprite, it's just that I don't do it very well... As for coding, I don't know absolutely anything about it, so I'll take your word for it... I am however a little bit busy atm... *cough*school exams and a metric ton of homework*cough* Would you mind checking in again next week or so, if you're still interested?

Well, the pillars aren't really all that important for now. I think having NPCs and items/weapons/armor etc. first is much more urgent. I could do something about the sprites, too... I can sprite, it's just that I don't do it very well... As for coding, I don't know absolutely anything about it, so I'll take your word for it... I am however a little bit busy atm... *cough*school exams and a metric ton of homework*cough* Would you mind checking in again next week or so, if you're still interested?
ok (school and exams is a pain for me too!)

i guess i could help... i kind of suck at spriting though. i mean the celestial pillars would be pretty hard to do but maybe the thrower class armor i could help with? i dont know

http://www.piskelapp.com/p/agxzfnBpc2tlbC1hcHByEwsSBlBpc2tlbBiAgIDx66zVCww/view <----- this might work.... im really not to sure. this is an idea which is basiccly just a boomerang ish thrown damage weapon that either throws a High damage dealing fire "thing" or a low damage slowing frostburning ice "thing" of course im gonna add to the sprite if it gets published.

btw for all you spriters what apps/websites do you use? i want to find a decent one.
Hey, man, no offense, but the sprites aren't all that good... I'm trying to keep a terraria feel to them and those look, well...., lazy to say the least... First of all, the color scheme on both is way off... The fire debuff-inflicting items usually use a red to yellow color scheme rather than red to pink-ish, and the frostburn-ers use a color scheme in which the colors kinda fade into each other. Like you don't just put navy blue next to arctic blue without any transition whatsoever and get away with it. Then you need an outline to your sprites, darker in color, so that it doesn't look like your sprite fades out of existence at some point.
But hey, that's just an opinion, don't take it too bad. Maybe improve on those, and you'll get in the team!:p;)

Hey, man, no offense, but the sprites aren't all that good... I'm trying to keep a terraria feel to them and those look, well...., lazy to say the least... First of all, the color scheme on both is way off... The fire debuff-inflicting items usually use a red to yellow color scheme rather than red to pink-ish, and the frostburn-ers use a color scheme in which the colors kinda fade into each other. Like you don't just put navy blue next to arctic blue without any transition whatsoever and get away with it. Then you need an outline to your sprites, darker in color, so that it doesn't look like your sprite fades out of existence at some point.
But hey, that's just an opinion, don't take it too bad. Maybe improve on those, and you'll get in the team!:p;)

dont worry it was pretty lazy. it was just a quick sketch to show you kind of what it is. for real sprites ill of course take more than 5ish minutes next time. i dont take any offense lol i know they suck. if your want ill put another better sprite? if you have something not to hard ill make one.

dont worry it was pretty lazy. it was just a quick sketch to show you kind of what it is. for real sprites ill of course take more than 5ish minutes next time. i dont take any offense lol i know they suck. if your want ill put another better sprite? if you have something not to hard ill make one.
How 'bout you try and remake that frostburn boomerang? Take your time! Better later than bad, right? XD

Don't rush it. I'll go to sleep now, tomorrow morning I won't be able to log in, and then I'll be at school. This gives you at least 20 hours. Good luck!

All right i updated them. keep in mind this is literally my first ever real sprite... hope you like them i guess?

by the way the red one is based of like fiery greatsword + flamarang and the frostburn one is based on the frostburn arrows brightening towards the center effect.

http://www.piskelapp.com/p/agxzfnBpc2tlbC1hcHByEwsSBlBpc2tlbBiAgIDx_9D1Cww/edit <--------------- link

Last edited:
All right i updated them. keep in mind this is literally my first ever real sprite... hope you like them i guess?

by the way the red one is based of like fiery greatsword + flamarang and the frostburn one is based on the frostburn arrows brightening towards the center effect.

http://www.piskelapp.com/p/agxzfnBpc2tlbC1hcHByEwsSBlBpc2tlbBiAgIDx_9D1Cww/edit <--------------- link
Sorry !
Access forbidden
This piskel is private. If you want to see this piskel, please contact the author and ask to save it as public.

Back
Top Bottom