Weapons & Equip [Sprites] Hallowed/Corruption Endgame Tier Weapons

Cjslick

Terrarian
Oh god, another thread asking for more Terra Blade equivalents. Well, I guess, yeah, in a way. But If you continue to read and you don't go ahead and post, "OHGODNOWHATAREYOUTHINKINGNEVERINAMILLIONYEARSOFDOJODLMFLAPSORMF." You may find yourself in favor of the following editions to the game. Maybe Redigit already has somehting like this planned, I really don't know.

The Facts:
FACT: The Dryad tells you how corrupt/hallow the world is.
FACT: The Hallow and Corruption are the basis for being able to advance in early hardmode.
FACT: The Hallow and Corruption are also outmatched by post-plantera and post-golem and dungeon tier items in the game.
FACT: There is no current valid reason for the player to make the world more corrupt/hallow.

The Solution:
Pssh... there is no solution Cj, just leave it be.

You sure do wish I would. However, we have the lack of a use for the Hallow or Corruption especially after Plantera (well maybe not entirely, but that's beside the point). That's where a few integral things come into effect:

Introducing the Hallowed Altar:
We have Demon/Crimson Altars, the Hallowed Altar would be somwhat similar. Upon the generation of the Hallow, altars would be spawned in various locations, and the altas would have a 1/20 chance of being placed (upon generation) where ambient objects are in the underground. If you want a hallowed altar in your original world, simply throw holy water where a current ambient object is, and it will turn into one (only if you are in underground or below). Because of this, the repsective altars should greatly increase the speed of which hallowed/corruption spreads. The Hallowed Altar is where Hallowed weapons will be crafted.

Hopefully you didn't destroy all your demon/crimson altars (You didn't right?), because that's where you'll be crafting your corrupt weapons.

Making the True Altars:
True Altars will replace standard altars when certain thresholds are met.
1. Golem has been defeated.
2. More than 50% of the world is the desired biome type.
3. Less that 10% of the world is the opposing type.
4. 150 Enemies have been killed near that altar. (each time an enemy is killed near the altar the particles become stronger and the altar begins to move.)

True Altars are where you will be able to craft the End Game tier weapons.

The Weapons:
Each of the weapons are separated into their two groups below.

The Hallow:
The following are all crafted at True Hallowed Altars:
Fragarach:
rrvg8LN.png

84 Melee Damage (Medium-Long)
12% Critical Strike Chance
Fast Speed
Average Knockback
Shoots gold discs to deal extra damage.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Light
1 Broken Hero Sword
60 Gold Ore

The Sword will launch gold discs, which will travel then hover where the player had his cursor at the time of his swing. The gold discs cannot excede more than 4 on the screen at a time, and will only last 8 seconds after being launched.

Sunburst:
IlsRVZa.png

78 Magic Damage
Average Speed
Strong Knockback
Consumes 25 Mana
Shoots a fast golden projectile which can move through walls.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Light
20 Pixie Dust
5 Unicorn Horn

The initial projectile is much bigger and faster, but when it pierces through walls, it makes the projectile smaller and only deal 1/4 of its inital damage, useful for dealing with smaller enemies.

Minerva:
YhawYpE.png

58 Ranged Damage
15% Critical Strike Chance
Average-Fast Speed
Insane Knockback
Arrows move faster to catch the target.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Light
15 Ectoplasm
20 Gold Dust

The initial shot is much faster and emits golden particles which light it up. Then the arrow slows down and loses its speed and knockback potential when it reaches where your cursor had clicked when you fired the arrow.

The Corruption:
The following are all crafted at True Demon Altars:
Deimos:
VBKYxXu.png

76 Melee Damage (Long)
Very Fast Speed (Auto Swing)
Weak Knockback
Each critical hit surrounds the player with a moon disc which deals damage.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Night
1 Broken Hero Sword
60 Meteorite Ore

Each moon disc orbits around the player extending slightly away from him. No more than two discs can be summoned at a time, the discs are always on opposite ends of eachother.

Temptation:
reFxkBN.png

58 Magic Damage (Direct- Arcing)
Very Fast Speed (Autofire)
Average Knockback
Consumes 10 Mana
Inflicts midas and successful kills slightly increases drop rate for rare items.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Night
15 Diamond
20 Gold Dust

It's a pimp cane, so I'd be dissapointed if this weapon wasn't going to shoot diamonds and money in an arc. Perfect endgame magic item to make farming easier, adds an extra .5% chance for really rare drops to be dropped when hitting an enemy, only if enemy is killed with this weapon.

Emissary:
mGVFTzW.png

46 Ranged Damage
15% Critical Strike Chance
Insanely Fast Speed
Very Weak Knockback
First hit on an enemy has a higher chance to be critical and always inflicts increased damage.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Night
1 Handgun
15 Ectoplasm

If you manage to hit an enemy before they hit you, the first shot always deals +20 damage and has an extra 40% chance to critically hit. Perfect when used with shroomite armor.

The Crimson:
Gaedrege:
ow5qDoR.png

40 Melee Damage
Fast Speed
No Knockback
Damage increases as user's HP declines.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Night
1 Broken Hero Sword
60 Hallowed Bars

Here's the values:
(borrowed from: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-bounty-hunter-quests-for-respect.7244/#post-207662):
100%HP - No Bonus
99 -90% + 10 Damage
89-80% + 20 Damage
79-70% +30 Damage
69-60% +40 Damage
59-50% +50 Damage
49-40% +65 Damage
39-30% +80 Damage
29-20% +90 Damage
20% - 1% +100 Damage

Bloodcore:
WJXCTBx.png

38 Magic Damage (Area Effect)
9% Critical Strike Chance
Average Speed
No Knockback
Shoots a lage ball of blood which can coat the ground for extra damage.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Night
20 Vertebrae
15 Ectoplasm

So you can shoot a big red blob to attack your enemies in the air, but the useful part is when the blob hits the ground and spreads out. It coats an area of 8 blocks for 8 seconds, then fades away.

Survivor:
92Irn2o.png

42 Ranged Damage
9% Critical Strike Chance
Very Fast Speed (Autofire)
Very Weak Knockback
Each critical hit heals 20 HP.

Crafting:
40 Souls of Night
1 Illegal Gun Parts
5 Life Fruit

Simply put, a gun that heals its user, helps rangers survive during intense survival events.

Well, I think that about covers it, really. Personally, it would be nice to have a reason to spend a ton of platinum to convert my world to hallow/corrupt. It's another way to get good weapons without having to add another boss. It just uses the same content in the game, with just a few added touches.

I think some of this stuff is a little underpowered, but I'm leaving that for you guys to decide. Also I'm only really good at weapon sprites (not furniture or any other relevant sprites), so if anyone wants to dabble in the doodling and make some other sprites to spice this up, I would appreciate that very much, or hook me up with someone who can do requests.

Once again, thanks for reading!

Last edited:
ya know what would be cool, if you added stuff for the cyber, contagion, and covert? if required permission from the respective creators.

Back
Top Bottom