Biomes & Nature [Sprites soon] war of worlds pillars

piemansauce🌳

Queen Bee
If you read the War of the Worlds, the martians have these has tripods that appear deep underground.

If you look at the pillars...they have roots and a dirt body with crystals/fire coming out of them! The pillars can't just have come out if nowhere.

I want to propose a suggestion to make the terraria lore a bit more interesting.

So the vortex pillar would be found in a forest biome with teeth-like green bushes sticking out of the grass if you try to dig it up it will kill you if you dig within 10 blocks of it. (same goes with all pillars.)

Solar would be in the underworld with fireblossom like spikes for teeth.

Star dust would be in the ocean with crystallized water teeth.

Finally nebula would spawn in hallow with crystal teeth.

Also note that they spawn upon hardmode activation as far away from NPC's as possible and large man-made structures.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possible digging death messages.

(Player) tried to play with the cosmos.

A vortex sucked up (player)

(Player) evaporated

(Player) froze in time

(Player) got brainwashed

(Player's) organs got ripped out by the vacuum of space
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backgrounds won't display until surfaced after killing the cultist.

Also, trying to clentaminate the area around the pillars won't work; The dirt/stone/wood around it would basically be another tile type (sort of like the corrupted/hallowed blocks)
EDIT 4/12/19: fixed grammar. (tbh this suggestion is kinda lame lmao, but I really like the death messages.)

Last edited:
I love the concept, but I'm not too sure it would work in the grand scheme of things. And if I thought it would work, how would Vortex in the Desert work? And what if you purify the Hallow around the Nebula Pillar? You can do that without digging. And this would be a MASSIVE hindrance to building. Sorry, love the concept, but no support.

I like the idea, but its kind of limiting, also this would make it a PITA to fight the stardust and Solar Pillars, as they both spawn in wierd conditions (The Ocean and the Underworld)

Locations make them about 200x harder to fight.
Solar is enough of a hard thing already, add lava, obsidian towers, and a ceiling, and you got urself the incarnation of terraria hell.

Back
Top Bottom