Items Starfruits : A New Jungle Fruit [Sprites]

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
With the addition of lifefruit to jungles in 1.2, I have a proposal for a similar counterpart; the Starfruit!

The starfruit would be similar to the lifefruit in many ways. The starfruit spawns in the Underground Mushroom Biome after all 3 mechanical bosses have been defeated (The same time that plantera bulbs begin to spawn). Starfruits would be 25% more common than life fruits, and spawn at a lower depth. Starfruits, when right clicked, would change a regular mana star to purple instead of blue. Purple mana stars would have a value of 25 mana instead of 20, unlike lifefruits changing the value of hearts from 20 to 25. When a Starfruit is broken, it will release 5-15 Mana Wasps, which are this color. They would look like regular wasps, but would be slightly larger and have a purple glow around them. They would do 25-30 damage, but have only 35 HP. (In addition, the wasp gun will be purple and shoot Mana Wasps instead of regular ones). The maximum number of starfruits that can be consumed is 10, as otherwise many complications would occur dealing with the maximum 10 mana crystals that can be consumed. If you have any ideas for the starfruit, post them in the section below.

Fungi Variations
fWH8Nzp.png

Starfruit
0G6nlr0.png

Purple Star
tJXMWRk.png

Thank Frettory for the awesome sprites!
As good as the idea is, certain armors and accesories increase your maximum mana. I think that's why we don't have starfruit in the game already.

It's an interesting concept, but late-game mages are a little overpowered and need rebalancing. Having that much more mana would make things a little bit too easy for those people in full sceptre armour. But a great concept though!:p

The mana cap is already at 400, and is very easy for late-game mages to get. The best mana potion restores 300. I think there would have to be another level of mana pot for this to be implemented... other than that, it's not a bad idea.

The mana cap is already at 400, and is very easy for late-game mages to get. The best mana potion restores 300. I think there would have to be another level of mana pot for this to be implemented... other than that, it's not a bad idea.

Why are you basing my idea off of a potion that isn't implemented. -.-

Excuse me? Spawns naturally after all 3 of the mechanicals have been defeated? Nope. Doesn't sound right. See, Life Fruits in general spawn on Jungle Grass below 0 depth after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated and that should go for the Star Fruits aswell. Also "when broken summons 5-15 Mana Wasps. Definitely Not. They should be obtainable without any harm at all. Geez its like your giving us a Challenge list over Mana

Personally, I disagree. First, we're only talking about a 50 point increase in mana capacity. If you can already achieve 400, that's only a 12.5% increase. If you only have 200, it's a 25% increase. Neither one is some huge percentage. The life fruit increases HP max by 25%, why not have a mana equivalent? Game-breaking would be something like allowing the Spectre armor with a hood (healing setup) to retain normal damage rather than drop its damage 40%. Although, I kinda think 40% was a bit much, but you can still kill most stuff pretty quick, and stay healed that way.

Excuse me? Spawns naturally after all 3 of the mechanicals have been defeated? Nope. Doesn't sound right. See, Life Fruits in general spawn on Jungle Grass below 0 depth after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated and that should go for the Star Fruits aswell. Also "when broken summons 5-15 Mana Wasps. Definitely Not. They should be obtainable without any harm at all. Geez its like your giving us a Challenge list over Mana
Well, I don't mind a little challenge to get something which will improve my character, and what Snails suggested wouldn't be impossible to deal with, but I do agree he may have overdone it. Considering you can just stumble across a life fruit, bust it, and walk away... Starfruits should be similar, I think.

Well there are already TONS of items to increase maximum mana and I feel like there are already enough as it is. I'm sorry but I don't think this is a good idea. This will just be excessive and make mages seriously OP. As promising as this idea may sound, I don't feel the need to support this idea.

With the addition of lifefruit to jungles in 1.2, I have a proposal for a similar counterpart; the Starfruit!

The starfruit would be similar to the lifefruit in many ways. The starfruit spawns in the Underground Mushroom Biome after all 3 mechanical bosses have been defeated (The same time that plantera bulbs begin to spawn). Starfruits would be 25% more common than life fruits, and spawn at a lower depth. Starfruits, when right clicked, would change a regular mana star to purple instead of blue. Purple mana stars would have a value of 25 mana instead of 20, unlike lifefruits changing the value of hearts from 20 to 25. When a Starfruit is broken, it will release 5-15 Mana Wasps, which are this color. They would look like regular wasps, but would be slightly larger and have a purple glow around them. They would do 25-30 damage, but have only 35 HP. (In addition, the wasp gun will be purple and shoot Mana Wasps instead of regular ones). The maximum number of starfruits that can be consumed is 10, as otherwise many complications would occur dealing with the maximum 10 mana crystals that can be consumed. If you have any ideas for the starfruit, post them in the section below.

Fungi Variations
fWH8Nzp.png

Starfruit
0G6nlr0.png

Purple Star
tJXMWRk.png

Thank Frettory for the awesome sprites!
Can I use these for a mod?
Edit: Actually I don't need better sprites

Last edited:
EDIT : Re-Formatted the thread to be more visually appealing and easy to read, and cleaned up repeated/unnecessary information.

Back
Top Bottom