tModLoader Starting items in hotbar being overwritten.

Hunor

Terrarian
I've been playing around with a multitude of mods that add starting items such as the spirit mod purple bag and odd keystone, thorium family heirloom and soul link, etc . Problem is, the more I mods I add the starting items will eventually be overwritten by new ones. Since Calamity takes up 3 hotbar slots in expert mod I can't have more than 4 starting items besides them (since I start with the copper tools in slot 1,2,3), otherwise they are overwritten. Any way to make them appear in the inventory rather than the hotbar or add a chest in which they appear (like antiaris)?

I've been playing around with a multitude of mods that add starting items such as the spirit mod purple bag and odd keystone, thorium family heirloom and soul link, etc . Problem is, the more I mods I add the starting items will eventually be overwritten by new ones. Since Calamity takes up 3 hotbar slots in expert mod I can't have more than 4 starting items besides them (since I start with the copper tools in slot 1,2,3), otherwise they are overwritten. Any way to make them appear in the inventory rather than the hotbar or add a chest in which they appear (like antiaris)?
tModLoader exposes the startup inventory to modders, unfortunately some modders do stupid things (Like blindly replace the item at index 1 expecting it to be pickaxe or something.). I suggest creating characters with different sets of mods enabled until you find the poorly programmed mod. Once you find it, make sure to tell them they are doing it wrong.

tModLoader exposes the startup inventory to modders, unfortunately some modders do stupid things (Like blindly replace the item at index 1 expecting it to be pickaxe or something.). I suggest creating characters with different sets of mods enabled until you find the poorly programmed mod. Once you find it, make sure to tell them they are doing it wrong.
Something I noticed is that Calamity strictly takes the last 3 spots up on the hotbar (8,9,0) if I start in expert mode. Does that mean instead of just adding in the items they swap up the last 3 spots? If yes, where can I report this?

Something I noticed is that Calamity strictly takes the last 3 spots up on the hotbar (8,9,0) if I start in expert mode. Does that mean instead of just adding in the items they swap up the last 3 spots? If yes, where can I report this?
They have a thread here in the forum and a discord. My guess is they didn't screw up that poorly. It would be easy to add those items at those spots without ruining other items added to the starting inventory.....oh. Yeah, they totally messed up. (I just peeked.) Report it to them.

They have a thread here in the forum and a discord. My guess is they didn't screw up that poorly. It would be easy to add those items at those spots without ruining other items added to the starting inventory.....oh. Yeah, they totally messed up. (I just peeked.) Report it to them.
Yeah... since it included other mods they ignored it. Whatever, I guess I'll just use the cheat sheet to spawn the starter items if they are not willing to fix it.

I have seen this too or something similar. I just created a thread about it and then saw this. When I die on mediumcore, whatever I had in my quickbar slots 8,9 and 0 are permanently deleted.

Back
Top Bottom