Steef's going Expert mode

REALLY steefy, because my profile is naked, without subscribing for 4 streamers, im so sorry steefy, but i can't do this anymore. -_-
uh?
You don't need to have a full account with information, and you can also turn notifications off if it bothers that much.
I honestly don't really know what's going on

But i had company with me, because i played wit british lady, and we both had very tough time, because solar eclipse comes straight away, and even blood moon after that. -_-

.....whoa.....I havn't updated this Thread since I got the Ice Bow....

Well....Time to summarise a lot what happened during the streams and offline:
  • Fought a Crimson Mimic and dropped the dart rifle after the first try, AWW YEAH!
  • Decided to use Crystal darts as the main ammo, Since things are going too easy with the ichor darts, in my opinion.
  • Decided to not get the stormbow, because that's the same strategy I've used in the previous expert run, there are enough other options to pick.
  • Have progressed through the hardmode ores and currently has Titanium armor with ranger helmet.
  • Did several attempts at beating the Twins with a Dart Rifle and Ice Bow, sadly, it didn't worked out.
  • Found a Cross Necklace, Ranger Emblem and a Frozen Turtle Shell (YEAH!).
  • Destroyed Skeletron Prime with the Dart Gun + Crystal Darts.
  • Destroyed the Destroyer with the same equipment.
  • Made the Hallowed Repeater and the Megashark
  • spend all platinum on reforging the Megashark to unreal
  • Destroyed the Twins with said shark and crystal bullets
  • Found several Ankh Charm pieces.
  • Fought a Solar Eclipse, got the moon Stone, Neptunes shell, and a Frozen Key.
  • Decided to make Holy Arrows....never realised they were that intense cheap....(200 arrows for 1 uni horn and 3 pixie dust!!!)
  • Currently Silvyne died 32 times, adding to the total of 53 deaths....
And improved the base by a little bit, the next plans are the Silver Shroomite!
part 8.2.PNG

Also...the guide sure does like the nurse legs....
Leg touch.PNG

Last edited:
Silvyne has been farming the chlorophyte and have beaten Plantera with the shotbow and holy arrows.
It was a fast, intense and exiting fight, and man, I'm happy that I've beaten it on the first try.

Current equipment:
D31AE2119F4EE1830BD5BB1436B9A1DFDA1383C3

(Also got crushed by a tortoise and stinged by a moss hornet, only gotten two deaths in the jungle)

Time for another update:

• Grinded glowing mushrooms, only to realise that I had 200+ of them in a chest already >_>
  • Obtained shroomite armor,
  • Aquired the Hoverboard, this will probably be her favorite way to fly.
  • Defeate the Golem 7 times with the Shotbow and holy arrows, really nothing much interesting compared with a normalmode battle without buffs.
  • Got the Stynger and Sun Stone
  • discussed in the chat about boulders deaths and such
  • Ready to fight the Solar Eclipse next morning!
Current Equipment.
upload_2016-2-19_20-2-30.png

I got two viewers this stream..

RIP

Ah well, it wan't very interesting to watch either, it was mainly some grind today.
I've fought two Solar Eclipses, too bad they didn't had the loot I was looking for, and it only resulted into painful deaths.
I've grinded in the dungeon for a bit, I had also fun shooting at the dungeon grassfield untill I accidentily hitted a cultist....yeah....

The grind was not very long, I managed to get the master ninja gear and the rocket launcher pretty soon.
And actually, I find Silvyne really fitting for the missile/explosive kind. So I guess she's going to go with rockets and explosives into endgame.
All the explosions! (gonna change the helmet to the rocket one later)

So...She gets the crazy idea to do an expert frostmoon for the Snowman Cannon, one of the most powerful cannons.
Crazy? yes, she can barely hold a solar eclipse.
But with warmth potions, enough preparations and the banners, I see a very slight chance of actually getting it.

She got the Charm of myths and Sniper Scope too, all she needs is to prepare for the Frost Moon for her final weapons.
upload_2016-2-28_22-41-4.png

I actually started playing Expert mode when I was introduced to the game as I like a challenge. So far I've spent more time building, exploring and being a complete kleptomaniac than trying to fight the bosses (I have countless chests filled with all manner of random things that I need to arrange and sort through). So far I've managed to beat King Slime, EoC, BoC, EoW, Queen Bee (who I found hard to kill without a Bezoar) and I'm trying to prepare to fight Skeletron.

I haven't built any 'arena' yet, unless you count a small stretch of flat terrain as such. I've found the slime mount very useful during these early bosses.

I actually started playing Expert mode when I was introduced to the game as I like a challenge. So far I've spent more time building, exploring and being a complete kleptomaniac than trying to fight the bosses (I have countless chests filled with all manner of random things that I need to arrange and sort through). So far I've managed to beat King Slime, EoC, BoC, EoW, Queen Bee (who I found hard to kill without a Bezoar) and I'm trying to prepare to fight Skeletron.

I haven't built any 'arena' yet, unless you count a small stretch of flat terrain as such. I've found the slime mount very useful during these early bosses.
Trying expert mode without doing normal one is sure a different experience, I wish you good luck on completing it. :)
Skeleton is a hard one, make sure you destroy his hands first so it's heads defence will drop. and be prepared for his hard-to-dodge ranged attack.

I had a lot of fun this time in the stream. It was a good one. :)

So, what I've done today:
  • made an Arena behind the dungeon for Pumkin/frost moon
  • obtainied the Tactical shotgun in the dungeon
  • Fought the pumpking moon, got to around wave 12, and I won without dying! I was really surpised!
  • obtained the Stake launcher
  • Fought the frost moon, died once by Santa-NK1. but as reward, the Chain Gun has been dropped.
  • The picture below shows what accessoires I've used during the moon events, with having the menacing or armored prefixes.
  • Now I know what the moons are able to, we're one step closer to the Snowman Cannon :D
upload_2016-3-3_16-41-15.png

Decided to do this part without stream, in order to have full focus.

I've been fishing and grinding for buff potions for a long time. It's a Frost Moon we're talking about.
I managed to beat several Ice Queens in one run, too bad every time also with dying at least once.
There was also a moment where I totally forgot to bring Warmth Potions, that was a painful Ice Queen encounter...

Anyways, Instead of a stream, I recorded a video of one of the Frost Moon battles, and in this one I didn't die at all :)
Sadly the Snowman Cannon wasn't dropped during the video,

but ... it did happen the next Frostmoon!

-Silver Cannon obtained-
Silver Cannon.png

After that, I went to the jungle to get Chlorophyte for the correct headset, and to the Cyborg for some extra rockets.
When she's done preparing for a huge stacks of buffs, I think it's time for the Celestials:
snowman cannon.PNG

And It has been done:

With the Martians, Duke Fishron, Celestials, and finally, the Moon Lord Down. The Ranger Expert playthrough has been finished.
It was a fun, but painful ride.
According to the death counter, I have made at least 90 deaths, but I wouldn't be suprised if I've made more.
But, because Silvyne's a go-getter, she didn't gave up. and we've finally made it through the end.

I'll thank you all for those who have watched the streams, I've really enjoyed the chat box.
I don't know if I'll stream it another time, with the upcoming internship, it's not likely It'll happen anytime soon.

If I'll do another expert mode run, then It'll probably a focus with the least deaths as possible, a playthrough where I've to act like it's hardcore.
I won't stream that one however, because the chat might distract me sometimes. I hope you understand that.

Once again, thank you all for watching this playthough :)

Out of nowhere, I had interests in doing another Terraria playthrough. This time I decided to play as a mage. Which havn't happened since 2-3 years.
nonetheless, It's fun doing this again, and I started with great luck, the first chest contained a Wand of Sparking, and the dungeon entrance had a Water Bolt.

I can see a good future for my wizard character 'Thardus'. Might as well give him a little bit more attention.
He also seems to attract gold animals, he found already 2 of them when he started, and when I opened Terraria just for a screenshot, another one spawned!
88A273C50B79C45B1B3859F3E5E0B2F179FF68F3

Once again, this playthrough will be streamed sometimes, and still on this site: https://www.twitch.tv/ppowersteef
I'll probably only make announcements though my status though, unless it's preferred to post them here as well.

Quite some interesting stuff happened, it was a busy and chatful stream today.
After a long time, Thardus managed to gain the metal coming from space. it's mighty and much more powerful than his sewing skills. it feels good to actually have some defence at the moment.
Also, Infinite Lasers!
7CEC092B7C260157D384BD9650342C17E19608C0

So far no bosses beaten, and around 18 deaths. but at least plenty of loot to prepare well for the goblin invasion.
Also, because of twitch chat's reasons, Thardus has now a ponytail.

Well, time for a recap what happened:

I went gathering health so the chance of surviving was bigger, a goblin invasion also happened eventually.
But those were no match at all, seeing how the waterbolt bounced back after a while, the goblins were shredded.
right after the goblins, a slime rain happened, which leads to a king slime fight, sadly for him that he spawned inside a house, after flooding that house with water bolts, the King was trapped and defeated.
the night after King Slime, EoC spawned on it's own, I was afraid that I wasn't ready for it, but the meteor armor, space gun, and a flat enough area made the battle victorious and exiting.

I went looking to the corruption a bit, tried the EoW once, but failed at his vile spits.
the next shadow orbs got the shadow orb and vilethorn though, so that was a good thing.
I found the Goblin tinkerer as well, leading to upgrade my accessoires to spectre boots, balloon blizzard and magic cuffs.
the fifth quest of the angler is succeeded and rewarded with a bunny mount.
A78110CFF8DC4621372A7E9107A5D5C95E212C74

I havn't made much progress yesterday because I'm getting a 'little bit' addicted to starbound now, but I'll try to limitate that. :)

Progress once again.
I've found some several new accessoires in the jungle and decided to take the Eater of Worlds once again, this time using the Water Bolt.
It worked great! it felt like he was drowning in it :p I just don't know why I used the Viletorn in the first try.
It was still not a full pushover, since I survived it at some point with only 60 health left (Git gut)

I've started making a herb farm as well, those are quite needed for the rest of the playthrough, especially when some of the magic potions are really useful, if not overpowered.

3 deaths since previous post. where of of them was a careless minecart ride straight into lava. Making it 25 deaths total.
But as long as I keep a bit caring about and keep using potions, the rest of pre-hardmode wouldn't be too much of an issue. only that Skeletron dude maybe.
upload_2016-8-18_10-32-5.png

Git gud is advice any game should feel free to just hand out.
Especially when you decide to jump right into expert with little experience. Lessons were learnt, and I just stare at people who have less than eighty deaths during slime rain.

Back
Top Bottom