Game Mechanics Stop Awarding Banners After the 100th~ Kill

Conspark

Terrarian
Seriously. I am so tired of my inventory constantly getting clogged by banners. At some point, banners should revert to being a low percent drop from a given mob rather than being automatically awarded. I've killed over 1800 angry bones alone - do i really need 36 angry bones banners? I've deleted all but exactly one.

Most mobs are irrelevant to have banners against, and I've found one banner to be more than enough of a buff for every mob I've used one for. It's overkill.

Farm another like we did back in the day. I also originally suggested 100 as a ballpark figure because then you'll have received two banners.

Can't you just, I don't know, sell them? They clog up one entire inventory slot, and you could just store it in your trash-can so that the previously mentioned inventory slot is opened up. It's free money, and it can be trashed it you really don't like it.

Also, while it's much, much lower on the priority list, what about Multiplayer? Banners are given out based on total kills by all people on the server, not just one specific player. Two banners between more than two people who are not sharing bases will not go well.

Can't you just, I don't know, sell them? They clog up one entire inventory slot, and you could just store it in your trash-can so that the previously mentioned inventory slot is opened up. It's free money, and it can be trashed it you really don't like it.

Also, while it's much, much lower on the priority list, what about Multiplayer? Banners are given out based on total kills by all people on the server, not just one specific player. Two banners between more than two people who are not sharing bases will not go well.

Can't I just... not pick them up at all? I get enough random crap from just digging around, nevermind the banners I get from killing things en masse later in the game. And I do indeed trash them. I just can't count how many times I've been exploring and opened my inventory to find six or seven slots taken up by stacked banners. At the very least, give me the option to disable the banner gain in singleplayer (or the ability to simply not pick certain items up via a blacklist - PLEASE GOD). Multiplayer I play with one other person ever, so do what you will on that front.

I just wrote this in another thread and saw this thread.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/flags-are-getting-out-of-hand.24418/page-2#post-603588

The banner buff... In EM it doubles your damage and halves the enemies damage. That's freakin cray, cray.

I love the challenge fighting bosses in EM but often the mobs are simply a nuisance, I'd rather kill them as quick as possible and take their loot. Now whenever I find a banner that buffs I just place it down. If I'm in the dungeon it gets hung from the ceiling above me, elsewhere they hang from the dirt under my feet.

The decorative ones? Hang them, store them, or trash them (shift+click to trash still works if you're not looking in a chest), whatever.

I love the banners! Do not nerf! The mobs are strong in EM, the banners are a reward to make your life less repetitive and grindy - OK, so you can kill 50, here's something that will make it a bit quicker for you now.

My only gripe is the notifications, I'm not a big fan of on-screen text giving you constant information, I'd love it if you could turn those notifications off in the settings menu.

Personally, I say after the 500th kill (10 banners), banner reward threshold should increase to 100 kills/banner. After 1000 kills total (15 banner total), increase it to 250 kills/banner. (Or maybe after 1000 kills, it should just revert to the old per-kill drop chance?)

Kills are saved per world, so if a player REALLY wants a lot of one type of banner, they can just farm fresh worlds that start off at 50 kills/banner.

In any event, banner accumulation does sorta need to taper off at some point.

Oh, so I just thought I something else to help a little with the Banner clutter, for both storage and usage:

Let us combine certain Banners into singular, themed banners that cover more than one mob. For reference:

You fight a Frost Moon/Pumpkin Moon/Martian Madness/etc. (You kinda get the idea.) If you can collect at least one of each mob banner for the respective event/biome/theme, you can merge them (at a Loom) into a singular banner that covers all the mob banners used to make it. So like the Frost Moon mob banners will let you make a Frost Moon Banner. This helps tidy up storage (LOTSA banners overall) and usage (general-use arenas can look neater with dozens less banners. Also, less space requirements since a banner is 1x3 off a ceiling.)

Imagine: Solar Banner, Nebula Banner, Vortex Banner, Stardust Banner, Dungeon Banner, Frost Moon Banner, Pumpkin Moon Banner, Martian Banner, Eclipse Banner, etc.

And it might not have to stop there! Lunar Banner! (The four pillar Banners together!) Not to be confused with the Moon Banner! (Frost/Pumpkin Moon Banners!) Invasion Banner! (All invasion-type banners!) Any and all combinations the devs care to implement! (If at all! ... Hmm ... Maybe I should tag someone like @Leinfors if I want any chance of this taking off?)

Biome-based banners might be a bit harder due to difference between Pre- and Post-HM. I would like pre-HM combined banners, but maybe all/most combined banners should be post-HM? Well, you guys (hopefully) get the idea.

Apologies for the apparent double post, but it's been nearly a full day and this is a different subject. (I also don't want to edit a post that got likes. Seems inappropriate for netiquette.)

Back
Top Bottom