Does this sound like a good idea?

• Yeah

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChaseAce

Official Terrarian
Suggestion: Stoage PC that maintains a chest database.

I spend WAY too much time trying to keep all of my chests neat and organized while trying to get everything to fit. I also spend a lot of time running around trying to find the items I want out of my huge collection.

I believe it would be nice if players could just access all of their storage from a single location, and just be able to dump all of their items in (within storage limits) without having to worry about the tedious organization and running around bits.

What I want is a placeable item like a desktop computer that could be wired to player's storage chests and bring up a database of items from the chests connected that can be auto-sorted and searched through.

Again, you would need to wire the computer to existing storage chests, or something of that nature, in order to connect them to the computer's database.

Then, the computer would bring up a list of items in the chest database that can be auto-sorted and would have a search feature that could be sorted by name, item ID, or possibly type of item.

Item deposits and withdrawals to and from the chests could be made directly by the PC, and players would able to organize chests remotely if they so choose.

As far as crafting recipes go, I think it would make sense it it was made out of martian conduit plating, glass, and wire. It would be more of an end-game item after your chests are already abundant and it would fit with the advanced technology aspect of the martians.

I believe this addition would make organization much faster, and it would keep chests useful because of their continued necessity as storage units. Players could spend less time micromanaging ore chests and spend more time blowing up dragons or summoning the old gods.

I've got pretty much no criticism for ya. A computer fits well with the later game, high-technology theme (I mean, we can have light sabers and laser rifles, why not a computer?), it provides a useful function and makes the game less tedious, and it seems fairly well balanced right out the gate.

Assuming that it's not crazy difficult to code and implement, I don't see any reason not to add it in. Support yo!

Back
Top Bottom