PC Stuck on "Found Server" when joining a friends multiplayer world

TomSK2

Terrarian
I've had this issue for a while now, but when trying to join a friends multiplayer world on PC, the loading screen gets to "Found Server" before getting stuck. It's definitely not the host as other people can join and I've tried basically everything I can think of to fix it, including other supposed fixes posted on the forums, but to no avail. I sent a message to Steam support who said they couldn't do anything as it was a Terraria issue, not a Steam one. If anyone has any ideas, it would be great.

1) Right click Terraria in Steam and select Properties
2) Under "LOCAL FILES", select "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES" and let it run.
3) Relaunch Terraria

1) Right click Terraria in Steam and select Properties
2) Under "LOCAL FILES", select "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES" and let it run.
3) Relaunch Terraria
this problem happens to me also but one difference is that it was working we could join and stuff for few days but then it stopped working i tried restarting reinstalling and told my friend to do that also, it happened after i gifted another friend of mine terraria and this fix i tried and told my friend to do also but it didnt work

this problem happens to me also but one difference is that it was working we could join and stuff for few days but then it stopped working i tried restarting reinstalling and told my friend to do that also, it happened after i gifted another friend of mine terraria and this fix i tried and told my friend to do also but it didnt work
Is this modded?

There are a lot of factors that go into the "found server" bug to exactly discern the issue imo. There are a few things you can try: Different forum thread includes some basic troubleshoot guides / Pretty in-depth reddit post made a couple of years ago Both of these are pretty trustworthy, hopefully your issue gets fixed.
Tried all of these, none with any luck, but today I tried joining the world through tMod loader and it worked... don't know why but at least it's possible to play now. Must be something more specific to my Terraria, but I'd still like to get it fixed properly.

Still doesn't seem to be working. Have you got any more potential solutions? :/

Back
Top Bottom