PC Suggestions for my house?

Mister Vicho

Terrarian
I starded a world not so long ago, and i made a full boreal wood house/castle, but im kinda stuck, so if someone wants to help me build the remaining of the house i will appreciate it a lot.
:pinky::bluslime:
Capture 2017-03-03 16_52_14.png

Also, i would like to hear your opinion about the house, it took me quite a while to make it, it was basically pure trial and error.

Your house is..... big!
I recommend you place different stuff in the NPC's rooms every so often. I don't know, just my idea, kinda messes with OCD's..

I'd say the base looks completely fine. Most starter bases are the regular square-shaped nondescript shack composed of wood and whatnot, here we have a combination of different blocks and an atypical building shape. The only problem is that you need to economize on space and prioritize the utility of your base and not the aesthetic. Of course, once you advance to endgame or wish to practice in building, you don't need to make conventional living spaces, but considering you've recently started the world you need to be logical. For example, you should make the base a little more open, provide more entrances into the base, because two small doors on either side won't allow easy access inside the building. You also appear to have a large expanse of nothingness in the higher level of the building, where other crafting stations should be placed, or where you could rework the room to create more living spaces for future NPCs.

Then there's also the curious excess of boreal wood fence and lamp posts. It doesn't look very clean, for starters, and could be replaced with other placeables and furniture items, or make way for extensions of the base. There are other tidbits, like the sudden change in wood when the floor of the base is entirely in ordinary wood, but I'd rather not write too much for both of our sakes, really. Good luck with the playthrough and the base!

I'd say the base looks completely fine. Most starter bases are the regular square-shaped nondescript shack composed of wood and whatnot, here we have a combination of different blocks and an atypical building shape. The only problem is that you need to economize on space and prioritize the utility of your base and not the aesthetic. Of course, once you advance to endgame or wish to practice in building, you don't need to make conventional living spaces, but considering you've recently started the world you need to be logical. For example, you should make the base a little more open, provide more entrances into the base, because two small doors on either side won't allow easy access inside the building. You also appear to have a large expanse of nothingness in the higher level of the building, where other crafting stations should be placed, or where you could rework the room to create more living spaces for future NPCs.

Then there's also the curious excess of boreal wood fence and lamp posts. It doesn't look very clean, for starters, and could be replaced with other placeables and furniture items, or make way for extensions of the base. There are other tidbits, like the sudden change in wood when the floor of the base is entirely in ordinary wood, but I'd rather not write too much for both of our sakes, really. Good luck with the playthrough and the base!
Thanks man! The house originally was in the middle of the map, with normal wood, but i used a bit of boreal for the top floor and i decided to change it, so now is mostly boreal wood and gray bricks.
Besides i was thinking of changing the bridge on the left of the house, so, if you have another tip or you wanna play and help me, i would accep it. :happy:

Capture 2017-03-08 20_30_48.png
Update!
So i followed circle's suggestion and i used all the "dead space" in the top of the house and i built a few more rooms, place some work benches.
So... what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom