Weapons & Equip Summoners need some love too

Summoners need some love?

• Total voters

AlexTerrarian

Eye of Cthulhu
Did you ever put the question : why the hell there aren't summoners in pre HM? I think the answers is yes so I comed out with an fresh idea.
There should be a Serpent set and also a new and decent summoning staff.

Serpent hood : Made by 15 silk and 15 serpent bone
3 defense , adds 1 bonus minion
Serpent mail : Made by 20 silk and 25 serpent bone.
4 defense , adds 1 bonus minion
Serpent boots : Made by 10 silk and 15 serpent bone.
2 defense , same bonus like the hood.
Setbonus : adds 15% minions
iCJe0pP.png

And about the staff? It is called "The finger" and it's a rare drop from skeletron hand (7%)
Tip:Summons a baby skeletron hand to fight for you . (It has 15 base damage and costs 5 mana / minion)

Shield of the dragon : 2 base defense , adds + 1 minion . Crafting 1 cobalt shield + 30 serpent bone .
A2uvFHq.png

Sprite thanks to @MrFancyPants
Serpent bone : It is sometimes dropped by a bone serpent with 20% rate.

Staff of the pain
Tip: Summons fire tree to fight for you .(15% base dmg , new Ai who will be added later)
Founded in shaow chests in underworld. (Each world contains at least 1)

Wall of flesh , you don't stand a chance.
Must say sorry for grammar , I am from another country and I sended this from a PS Vita so yeah ...
Any critics are welcome and must say this is my first idea on TCF.
(I will add more as I got new ideas , so don't worry)[/ATTACH]

Last edited:
It's a wonderful concept so far, and it would be pretty nice to see it go places. However in my opinion, 0.3% chance is rather low for a beginning Summoner weapon. I was thinking that, at the very least, the drop chance could be 3 or 4 percent. Even so, this is small compared to the much higher drop chances of his other items like the Book of Skulls and the Skeletron Hand. Given, they drop from the boss himself, so technically the staff would have a double drop chance since the boss has two hands. A low drop rate would make sense, but a few percent should do it.
Keep up the great work.

Yea it is . The set should be the same tier as molten armor . However , more sets and items will come . Thanks for reply.

I'd like a worm AI minion. How about a mini-bone serpent? That'd give a couple weapons for every playtype in hell- fiery greatsword, dark lance, and sunfury for melee, flower of fire, demon scythe, and flamelash for magic, molten fury and phoenix blaster for ranger, and now imps and serpents for summoners.

As for the armor, it's definitely a great sprite, but I'm not sure if we need more than bee for pre-HM. I can handle the wall of flesh with just bee, but maybe I'm just that great :cool: and other people would need a boost between bee and spider.

Does the armor give any damage boosts to minions, or is that the trade off between it and bee? More minions, but not as much damage from them, similar to tiki and spooky?

I love side options for the cobalt shield, so definite support there.

Is the bone a 20% drop rate, with ONE bone dropping? Because if so, this armor would take a really long time to get. Maybe a 1-5 (but definite) drop chance instead?

GOD NO!PLEASE GOD NO!
Inverting...
GOD YES!PLEASE CENX YES!

I mean,i takes me a lot more time to see a hive rather than the Underworld.
So i'd better see this.

There is one thing I don't like about this and that is the 1,5 and 0,5 minion bonuses, isn't it better to have complete numbers?

Or did you just put in these numbers to make your minion armor a bit different then the Bee armor?

There is one thing I don't like about this and that is the 1,5 and 0,5 minion bonuses, isn't it better to have complete numbers?

Or did you just put in these numbers to make your minion armor a bit different then the Bee armor?

The half-minion bonuses don't allow you to spawn half a minion, but they add up. So if you've got two armor pieces with 0.5 bonus each, that adds up to 1 bonus minion, allowing you to summon one more minion.

The half-minion bonuses don't allow you to spawn half a minion, but they add up. So if you've got two armor pieces with 0.5 bonus each, that adds up to 1 bonus minion, allowing you to summon one more minion.
I know that, but the 0.5 bones makes the head and leg piece useless (except for the armor bonus).
Each piece should help in some way when it comes to summoning.

Not a bad concept. having this alongside the bee armor would be awesome. maybe one allows more minions, and the other more minion damage?;)

Back
Top Bottom