Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi, everyone! I'm glad to play Terraria with this new update, and I want to help with covering this issue. I have read lot of posts in this thread, but didn't found same one.

I had this issue specifically with Tempest Staff and Terraprisma.
Tempest Staff - 2 summons (from Bewitched table), I played with mage (also lots of buffs from potions) against Empress of Light, flight a lot, and a sometimes sharknado just gone somewhere, have to use the tempest staff again to summon all two sharknados.

Terraprisma - 4 summons (Forbidden armor set + Bewitched table). I'm using magic weapon (+ lots of potion buffs) during the Frost moon. Have to flight away (Empress wings + Soaring Insignia) from main arena during the fight with Ice Queens. At some moment I noticed that no Terraprisma around. I waited for some time if it is coming back (tried to stay almost at the same place), but after all I had to summon all 4 Terraprisma again.

Unfortunately, because of intence fight I didn't notice, if summon buff is still here. But, as I remember, you can resummon the only one summon without buff disable, but for me it was possible to call all of them.

Not sure about the random despawns, but as for calling all of your summons, your armor would have allowed for 2 summons, plus the base 1. If you have other summoning accessories, you could get 4, or the bewitching table buff was still on.

The Bewitching Table just allows you to summon one more than before. So 1 base, +2 (armor) +1 (bewitch).

Not sure about the random despawns, but as for calling all of your summons, your armor would have allowed for 2 summons, plus the base 1. If you have other summoning accessories, you could get 4, or the bewitching table buff was still on.

The Bewitching Table just allows you to summon one more than before. So 1 base, +2 (armor) +1 (bewitch).

Yeah, I know about that. I told about next thing: for exapmle, I have an ability to call 4 minions (1 base + 2 armor + 1 bewitched table). I used summon weapon 4 times, so 4 mininons are spawned. But if I used summon weapon again (5-6-7-more times), the only last minion continue respawning.

Hi, everyone! I'm glad to play Terraria with this new update, and I want to help with covering this issue. I have read lot of posts in this thread, but didn't found same one.

I had this issue specifically with Tempest Staff and Terraprisma.
Tempest Staff - 2 summons (from Bewitched table), I played with mage (also lots of buffs from potions) against Empress of Light, flight a lot, and a sometimes sharknado just gone somewhere, have to use the tempest staff again to summon all two sharknados.

Terraprisma - 4 summons (Forbidden armor set + Bewitched table). I'm using magic weapon (+ lots of potion buffs) during the Frost moon. Have to flight away (Empress wings + Soaring Insignia) from main arena during the fight with Ice Queens. At some moment I noticed that no Terraprisma around. I waited for some time if it is coming back (tried to stay almost at the same place), but after all I had to summon all 4 Terraprisma again.

Unfortunately, because of intence fight I didn't notice, if summon buff is still here. But, as I remember, you can resummon the only one summon without buff disable, but for me it was possible to call all of them.
If you have too many buffs, you may have one cancel as you interact with a new buff. For example, if you have all 22 buffs going (through campfire, heart lanterns, all the potions, bewitching table, minions, etc), then if you get a debuff from Ice Queen, it will cancel one of your buffs to apply the debuff, and it might be cancelling your minion buff if you’re not noticing.

Wow, interesting, i didn't know that. Let's try to calc:
1) ligtning minion buff
2) pet buff
3) crystal heart buff
4) campfire buff
5) star in a bottle buff
6) bastet buff
7) crystal ball buff
8) bewitched table buff
9) minion buff
10) ironskin potion
11) swiftness potion
12) regeneration potion
13) endurance potion
14) food buff
15) wrath potion
16) mana regeneraration potion
17) magic power potion
18) magic weakness debuff
And couple more random potions (3-4 more probably). Yeah... that can be a reason, if limit is set to 22.
There is any order for buffs when they are cancel automatically?

Wow, interesting, i didn't know that. Let's try to calc:
1) ligtning minion buff
2) pet buff
3) crystal heart buff
4) campfire buff
5) star in a bottle buff
6) bastet buff
7) crystal ball buff
8) bewitched table buff
9) minion buff
10) ironskin potion
11) swiftness potion
12) regeneration potion
13) endurance potion
14) food buff
15) wrath potion
16) mana regeneraration potion
17) magic power potion
18) magic weakness debuff
And couple more random potions (3-4 more probably). Yeah... that can be a reason, if limit is set to 22.
There is any order for buffs when they are cancel automatically?
I’m not sure of the order for when a buff needs to be cancelled, sorry. One thing that I do when fighting a single boss (like Empress of Light) and I need all the buff spots possible is that I don’t have any pet or light pet, and I mine up all the banners nearby so that the banner buff isn’t taking up a spot. For something like Frost Moon you’d probably want the banner buffs though.

I’m not sure of the order for when a buff needs to be cancelled, sorry. One thing that I do when fighting a single boss (like Empress of Light) and I need all the buff spots possible is that I don’t have any pet or light pet, and I mine up all the banners nearby so that the banner buff isn’t taking up a spot. For something like Frost Moon you’d probably want the banner buffs though.
Thank you for help!
Well, I suppose it is not a bug, but it was really unexpected behaviour. I'd prefer to cancel some of potions buffs neither my minions buff when i trying to play half-mage/half-summoner.

Back
Top Bottom