• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Looks like a bootleg version of the Moon Lord

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
An idea for the post-Moon Lord boss

Because there is the Moon Lord, why not have the Sun Lord?
Considering there is the unspawnable white cultists and the white cultist vanity that is sold by the clothier

The Sun Lord will spawn after the Global Burning event, which is spawned by killing the White Lunatic Cultist boss

The White Lunatic Cultist boss spawns after you kill all four White Cultists at the front of the Lihzahrd Temple

White Lunatic Cultist :

Combat Mechanics :
Pretty much the same like the legular Lunatic Cultist but with different elements
The Ancient Vision will be blue because the legular Ancient Vision is yellow
The Vortex Portal shoots out yellow lightning
The Solar Flare fireballs will become Water Bolts that home in to the player
The Stardust Stars will turn Green

Drops : Ancient Manipulator Upgrade Gem, Used to craft the Tier 2 Ancient Manipulator (Ancient Manipulator Upgrade Gem + Ancient Manipulator), Crafted at None

After he is defeated, it will start the Global Burning event
There will be 4 pillars : Water Pillar, Stellar Pillar, Nature Pillar, and Air Pillar
All Pillars drop each of their representative fragments

Stellar Fragments are used for making Throwing weapons and the Stellar Set which is for the Throwing Class. Weapons are : Stellar Ninja's Glove, Stellar Shuriken Thrower
Water Fragments are used for making Magic weapons that are related to water (The Great Wave, The Coral). Also for making the Water Set.
Air Fragments are used for making high knockback weapons (1 for each class, a total of 4 weapons from these fragments) and the Air Bounder Set which increases Knockback. Weapons are : The Great Punch (Melee), Tornado (Ranged), Intense Gust (Mage), Darude Sandstorm (Summoner, Summons a Darude Sandstorm to fit 4 u)
Nature Fragments are used for making Life Draining weapons, (1 for each class, a total of 4 weapons from these fragments) and the Nature Scholar Set which decreases potion use time for set bonus.
Weapons are : The Vine (Melee), Petal Pelter (Ranged), Grass' Revenge (Magic), Flower Staff (Summoner, Spawns a Flower to fight for you)

Sun Lord :

Combat Mechanics :
Forehead Eye will shoot a Solar Deathray
Hand Eyes will spawn Images of the Sun and spawn yellow eye minions that home in on the player and explodes on impact (The ones that the Moon Lord spawn but are yellow and do more damage)
When an eye pops out, it has the same mechanics like the True Eye Of Cthulhus but instead shoot Solar Deathrays
Same tongue hook thing mechanic from the Moon Lord
If you get hit by his tongue, not only it will give u the moon bite debuff, but also the Solar Inferno debuff (It is like the "On Fire!" debuff but deals more damage constantly and the only way to get the debuff off is by getting to water or wait till the debuff timer ends)
When the core opens, the core will attack you by shooting solar flare fireballs that home into you

Drops :
Portal Gun (100%, Incase you needed another one)
Solarite (100%, you get 70-90 solarite, 90-110 on expert mode)
True Slap Hand (1/9, More Knockback!, shoots an image of the Slap Hand that deals 1/2 of the damage and 1/2 of the knockback)
The Sun (1/9, Will totally light up your day, a yoyo)
Solar Flare (1/9, Works like the lunar flare, but more damage, is yellow, and inflicts the Solar Inferno debuff to enemies)
First Prism (1/9, Just like the Last Prism, but more damage, the beam is transitioning between orange to yellow, and inflicts the Solar Inferno debuff to enemies)
Sirius Blade (1/9, Blue, shoots Water Bolt looking projectiles that home in on enemies)
Megashark Module (1/9, used to craft the Megashark Mark 2)
Galaxy Splitter (1/9, a rocket launcher that makes rockets explode into galaxy looking explosions on block collision or enemy impact)
Nature Leaf Staff (1/9, works like the Rainbow Crystal Staff but instead of a crystal its a leaf)
True Ninja's Katana (1/9, a katana that shoots dark shurikens that deal Throwing Damage and the katana itself does Throwing Damage)

Well that's my idea, I hope this idea atleast gets some support, Thanks for reading this idea! This may never make it to the game, but it could also be a counterpart of the Moon Lord.

Last edited:
Two things. They are not going to make a post moon lord boss, Cthulhu is a water creature, not a sun creature, and I am pretty sure there was a rule about not posting of a final Cthulhu boss. The developers are that a large portion of the community wants a Cthulhu boss, so there is not need to make a thread about it. Also, if you just stuck to sun god and remove everything that mentions Cthulhu, this might get some level of support.

Two things. They are not going to make a post moon lord boss, Cthulhu is a water creature, not a sun creature, and I am pretty sure there was a rule about not posting of a final Cthulhu boss. The developers are that a large portion of the community wants a Cthulhu boss, so there is not need to make a thread about it. Also, if you just stuck to sun god and remove everything that mentions Cthulhu, this might get some level of support.
ill change it into sun lord

I don't fully understand the meanings behind Terraria bosses but I always thought Golem was the Sun boss and his role was to give the player an understanding of the final Moon Lord boss fight (as they have similar attack styles and must be defeated similarly).

I don't fully understand the meanings behind Terraria bosses but I always thought Golem was the Sun boss and his role was to give the player an understanding of the final Moon Lord boss fight (as they have similar attack styles and must be defeated similarly).
If golem was the idol/statue why not make the actual sun lord himself?

Back
Top Bottom