Sunny Days Ahead

J Fizzle

Golem
I have been working on this story for a while now, as I have been talking about on my profile. It's called Sunny Days ahead as you can see, and it's a mix between action, suspense, and romance. (Not to much though!) :p Here are the two trailers that my friends made for the story.

Made by TCF member @calirolls.

Made by TCF member @Robberryan.

And without further ado, Sunny Days Ahead!

First she appeared. As she looked around, she felt at ease and alone, except for the many bunnies hopping around peacefully and the birds flying and chirping in perfect harmony-

"Hello!" said a welcoming male voice.

"Ah!" cried the newcomer. "What the- who the hell are you?"

"I'm Andrew, your guide through this world, filled with friends and foes, legends and myths, and I could go on forever with this but I'm going to cut myself short and tell you to make a shelter." said the happy, healthy looking man.

The lady blinked.

"Er... my name is Sunny, so... what do I do?" she asked.

"Well you can start by cutting down some trees with your axe." replied Andrew.

"What axe?" asked Sunny. "Wait a second..."

She then rummaged through her...

"Invisible Backpack? Sweet!" she exclaimed.

"Well, er... it's actually called an inventory, you can keep a bunch of stuff in it though. There are separate slots for ammo, money, and accessories, though you can where most accessories. But like I said, cut down some trees!" replied and stated Andrew.

"Okay." said Sunny.

As she was cutting down some trees, (which was surprisingly easy) she saw something in the distance.

"Um... what's that?" she asked the guide, pointing at a transparent, green, dome-shaped creature.

"Oh that? that's just a slime. It wont attack you unless you get in it's way or provoke it." replied Andrew.

"Should I kill it?" asked Sunny hastily.

"If you want, they're really not that strong." said Andrew.

"Um, ok." decided Sunny.

She walked up to the slime, pulled out a sword from her inventory, then stabbed the slime.

“Whoa…” The slime jumped over her, and she turned around and finished it off. A few of the slime’s remnants were left on the ground, and Sunny picked them up. “What’s this?” she asked Andrew.

“Er… slime, obviously.” He replied.

“Now that I think about it, I could have guessed…” she muttered.

“You could make some torches out of them if you like; it’s flammable, for some reason.”

“Yeah, I’ll start to make a shelter now, care to help?”

“Of course! Let’s get to it.”

In a couple of short hours, the base was finished. It was simply two rooms stacked on top of each other, both of which were furnished with a table and two chairs around it (and a door of course), and Andrew made a nice bench outside to relax on. But something wasn't right…

“Something’s missing,” said Sunny.

“Maybe walls?” answered Andrew.

“How did I just build a house without walls and not notice it?”

“I don't know, it happens to everyone. It’s like some kind of weird instinct or something. Nobody really knows why.”

“Huh, that is pretty weird.”

“Yeah…”

Silence.

“Well, can you teach me how to make some walls?” asked Sunny.

“Yeah, sure. Get out your axe, because we're going to be cutting.” Andrew replied.

And for the last few hours of the day, they cut wood, made furniture, and then settled in for the night ahead.

As dawn approached, Sunny was tired and cold.

“Why is there so much going on at night?” she said. “I’m sleepless…”

“Is there anything I can do?” asked Andrew.

“Sure, put another five layers around this house so I don’t have to hear the moaning of those zombies.”

Andrew sighed. “I used to live in a cave before you got here.”

“Why?”

“Now that I think about it, I don’t really know. It was just comfy, I guess.”

“Oh thank god, the sun is finally up.”

Then suddenly, the banging on the doors all stopped abruptly. As the sun started poking up out of the horizon, she could see many figures slowly limping away from the house to the nearest cavern, some of them not even making it in time and being burned to death, because of their lack of skin, clothing, and sunscreen.

“Are you sure those are all zombies?” Sunny asked the guide.

“You can never be sure if a human is zombified in the beginning, or if you think it’s a zombie, but it’s actually a hobo that looks like a zombie, especially in this world. To me, they all look the same. What a waste of lives…” he replied.

Sunny stared at him in confusion.

“Whatever. Next you should collect some coins that drop from slimes and stuff, to attract a merchant. Once you collect some silver coins, he’ll show up and ask you to buy something from him.”

“Wait… there’s more people around here?”

“Of course there is! What did you think; we were left here to repopulate this world?”

Sunny looked away, suddenly red in the face, obviously thinking exactly what he had said. Andrew laughed and said, “I don’t blame you, you’ve only been here a day. I need to get you up-to-date on what the world’s expectations are of you.”

“Okay, but first, tell me a little more about this merchant you speak of.”

“Well he’s quite the wanderer, you see. He doesn’t stay in one place for long, unless of course, he is provided with a proper living space.”

“Of course,” Sunny replied, looking off somewhere in the distance. ”Of course.”

In a few hours she had about 40 silver and a nice amount of wood to build a couple houses. As she was wandering around, looking for slimes, She stumbled upon something she had barely seen, because of its small size for what it was, a pink slime.

“Hey… I havent seen you around here, mister… what should i call you? Maybe i’ll call you Pinky!” she exclaimed with glee.

But for whatever reason, the name she gave it provoked it. As the slime wriggled with anger, it jumped above sunny with incredible height, it landed on her arm with just as much pain.

“Owwww!” she screamed.

“Screw you pinky!” She brought her sword her sword down on the wretched creature with impressive agility for a beginner. And after a few more attacks, the slime was gone. It had also dropped a small amount of pink gel (instead of the regular blu-ish gel that dropped from the green and blue slimes) as well as a whoppin’ gold coin!

“Impressive.” said a deep male voice.

“Whossat?” said Sunny tiredly as she turned around.

A man was standing there with a light brown hat, a white beard, a long brown coat and a bag filled with tools and torches and stuff.

“Harold.”

“And I suppose you're the merchant, Harold?” Sunny asked the well-suited man.

“You can call me that. But I'll bet Andrew told you that.”

“You know Andrew?”

“We've crossed paths a few times here and there, you know…” he said, shielding the sun from his eyes.

“Well, er… do you wanna live in our town?”

“At my age, I’ll go for anything, so yes.”

“Great! Lets get going, then."

It was evening when the two finally got home.

"Ah, jeez," exclaimed Sunny. "I haven't built a house for you yet, Harold!"

Then Andrew appeared at the front door.

"Hey Sunny, I see you've found a new friend?" he said. "Harold, is it?"

"Sure is," Harold replied. "I see you remembered my name from our last encounter?"

"Of course, it wasn't that long ago."

"Excuse my memory, I seem to have forgotten."

"Well then, Sunny, shall we build a house for our new resident?"

"Yes we shall," she said. "And let's make it snappy!"

So with the wood that Sunny had chopped down on her trip to find the merchant, they built a nice cottage not too far away from the original two houses.

"Marvelous!" said Harold. "Just marvelous. Speaking of marvelous, how would you two like to buy an angel statue? It's worth twenty silver, but I'll give it to you for ten!"

Andrew and Sunny stared at him like he had just made a mistake that would have ended the world.

"What?" Harold asked in confusion.

"Everybody knows they're useless." said Andrew in a disappointed voice.

"Five silver?"

"No!"

"Fine."

As the last bit of sunlight settled under the horizon, Sunny asked Harold,

"So how'd you get here?"

"I was born and raised here." he said. "Actually, more or less I raised myself, I never really knew my parents."

"How come?"

"I don't know, I feel like there is some kind of amnesia curse set upon this land. Do you remember your parents?"

"Well of course I d- wait a second..." she said, trying to reminisce her own childhood memories.

But there was nothing.

Then Andrew discovered the the truth for himself, too.

"But... how could we have not noticed all these years?"

"That's the question," replied Harold. "What does this world mean? What does anything mean?"

Sunny stared at him.

"Ha! Just kiddin'," he said. "But really, it's all a bit strange."

"I still can't get past the fact that I've never noticed that before..." said Andrew, rubbing his temples.

Then they heard the familiar groan of zombies roaming the night.

"We should sleep. See you in the morning, Harold!" said Sunny.

"Goodnight, my friends." Harold replied, walking inside his new house.

And with that, night began, but tonight, Sunny could sleep. There was almost something about Harold's presence...

“Well, it’s morning again, and I have an idea of what to do next.” stated Sunny.

“What?” asked Andrew.

“Mining!” exclaimed Sunny. “I want to see what it’s like underground. Also, I need some ores to make tools.”

“No one’s stopping you.” said Andrew. “But you can find ores above ground too, if you want to be more prepared for the monsters that lurk in the dark.”

“Alright, fine I’ll gather some iron.” Surprisingly, it took her a whole day to gather enough iron to make a full set of iron, a pickaxe, and a sword.

“Well I guess I better wait until morning…” said Sunny, hours later.

“Not necessarily…” said Andrew. “Zombies and eyes don’t spawn in caves. Only cave dwellers. Which means you don’t have to wait unless you want to.”

“Well then I’ll be taking off!” stated Sunny.

“Would you like to come with?” Sunny asked.

“You find some nice ores down there , maybe make me some armor, a pickaxe, and a sword, and maybe I’ll go next time.” He replied.

“Oh I will!” said Sunny with a wink. And with that, She was gone.

The caves were dark, smelly, and most of all, wet. Why, there was more water down there than there was on the surface! But at least Sunny had torches and boy, there was a lot of ores. Iron, silver, gold, and a variety or gems such as rubies and topaz, she mined it all. Then she came across something big, red, shiny, and shaped like… “A heart?” Sunny said, feeling it’s rough, transparent edges. “Crystal? A heart crystal? Interesting.” So she decided to break it loose from it’s stoney hold and examine it further. First she tried to take a bite out of it (Which didn’t work)Then she held it up, and it exploded into a fine dust that sprinkled all over Sunny. I feel… AMAZING! she thought to herself. She was stronger, and she wanted more. So she searched around the endless number of caverns, killing slimes and other cave dwellers, and she eventually found more. She was feeling unstoppable. She was feeling unstoppable. Until something stopped her. She could hear something... or someone... crying?

"Hello?" she said, creating distant echoes.

Sobbing.

She started to walk toward the sound, and the crying started getting louder.

"What are y-"

"Go." said the voice.

A figure appeared in the darkness.

"Not until you tell me wha-"

"I said go!" cried the voice, jumping from the shadows, revealing itself as a teenage girl in no healthy condition, her skin completely exposed.

"What- who are you?"

"I warned you." said the girl, her skin morphing into a greenish color. Suddenly she had gills, yellow eyes, and long tentacles for hair.

"Oh." said Sunny.

The creature made an insane screeching noise and attacked her with insane agility, knocking Sunny onto to the hard stone. But quick on the attack, Sunny grabbed some girls' worst weakness; it's hair. She flipped her over and knocked her into a hole, and heard a deafening crack. And more crying.

"Help me!" she said.

*sigh* thought Sunny. "Fine..."

She walked over to her and-

"Ha!" It said, jumping out of the hole. "Stupid human, you can be tricked so eas-"

But she was cut off by Sunny knocking her across the cave into an even deeper hole, and to a gruesome death.

"Don't call me stupid."

And Sunny continued her adventure.

Then she came to a semi-large wooden building, so she entered. Inside she found a painting, a statue, and a golden chest. She looted the house and looked in the chest to find a flare gun and some flares, an eye that looked exceptionally suspicious, a stick of dynamite, and a mirror.

"I wonder what this does..." she said, looking into the nicely decorated mirror, and suddenly, she was in the base. "Whoa."

“Hello, Sunny. I see you found a magic mirror. Once you gaze into it, it returns you to your home.” said Andrew, who was casually sitting on a bench.

“Oh hey Andrew, I have an amazing story to tell you.”

“Well that’s quite a story…” said Andrew, who was listening to the details of Sunny’s underground trek.

“You do believe me, right?” asked Sunny.

“Of course, what you speak of is called a Nymph, an old legend about creatures that roam in caves that take the forms of a young girls in distress. If provoked, they shift into their true form. They can usually only be provoked by other girls, because they are attracted to men. So that’s probably why it attacked you.”

“Oh. So I killed an innocent girl who just needed a man in her life.”

“Not necessarily, If it was me, she be all over me like a leech to blood sample.”

“So they can still make love like a regular girl?”

“Er… yes.”

“Well, that discussion is over.” said Sunny. “Wait a second. Did you feel that?”

“Feel what?” asked Andrew.

Sunny suddenly felt sick. “I… I feel an evil presence watching me…”

“Maybe it’s the arms dealer that wanders around, he’s a real peeping tom if you ask me…”

Then they both turned to hear a knock on the door.

“It’s probably Harold.” said Andrew.

But to both of their surprise, there was a lady standing there with blonde hair, a tight white suit, and a bandana with a cross on it.

“Whoa, who are you, a nurse?” asked Sunny.

“No, I’m just a lady in a white suit who looks like they might heal someone for no reason.” she said sarcastically. “The name’s Abigail.”

“Well Abigail,” said Sunny, offended. “How old are you anyways?”

“Twenty,” she replied. “But I have degrees in all types of medical care. You?”

“Seventeen.” she countered. “And I'm a hundred degrees hotter than you!”

“Ha! Nice one Sunny.” chuckled Andrew.

Abigail rolled her eyes. The other two laughed.

“Let’s go see Harold, he’ll want to meet the nurse.” said Andrew.

They all walked outside to find Harold staring at what appeared to be a giant eye a safe distance away from them.

“Make armor,” said Harold, shaking. “For all of us. Now. That eye is coming. The Eye of Cthulhu. Make weapons and armor. Hurry.”

Everyone was at a anvil or furnace in a matter of seconds, making metal, armor, and weapons for themselves (With the ores that Sunny provided, of course). Soon the eye was at an uncomfortably close position, but they were ready. The guide sported silver armor, the nurse was wearing full gold, the merchant was eager to join the battle (for some reason) wearing a full set of iron armor, as did Sunny. They all had a sword matching their armor.

“Let’s teach this pupil not to mess with us.” said Harold, determined.

And even for his age, he was quick with a blade. Then the eye started “spitting” out smaller eyes from it. As it lunged for the group of four, they jumped at the eye and stabbed their swords into it. Then it freaked out, flew up high into the sky, and… changed.

“Erm… what’s it doing?” asked the well-protected nurse.

“It seems to be trans… fo…” Andrew stopped, leaving his mouth open to stare at what the eye had become.

The eye now had a mouth where its pupil should have been.

”Harold! Watch out!” cried Andrew, and as the eye lunged at elder, he jumped away, but too late.

“Aaaaarrgh!” he cried, clutching his twisted, withered leg.

“Stay where you are!” said the nurse, running to him. “You two hold him off.”

As the dynamic duo fought the Eye of Cthulhu, Abigail healed Harold with anything she could.

"We need to hurry..." said Andrew.

"Wait! I have an idea!" said Sunny.

Then when the eye lunged at them again, Sunny jumped inside it's mouth.

"Oh great, now she's committing suicide?!" said Abigail, annoyed.

"Sunny, No!" cried Harold, mustering up his strength to try to stop her.

"Harold, you need to get down-"

"She's gone!"

Then it's mouth caught on fire from the inside, and a sword started slowly slicing through the outside, and then it stopped.

"She stopped! Why did she stop?" cried Andrew.

Then the eye couldn't take it, and it fell to the ground, dead.

"We have to find her," said Harold. "She can't be dead!"

Andrew started tearing the eye... er... vein from vein...? The inside of the mouth was thoroughly charred. Could Sunny have burned along with it?

"Sunny?" said Andrew, kicking aside the burned pieces of mouth aside.

Then there she was, lying on the ground, the flare gun in hand.

"Ah jeez..."

Andrew picked her up and carried her outside.

"She's unconscious. We need to help her wake up." said Andrew firmly to Abigail.

"It looks like she has some burns too. I can fix that.”

“Hey, she’s got something in her bag…”

“Life Crystals! This is perfect! We can use them to extend our health!”

Abigail held one above her head, as did Andrew and Harold, and it turned to dust and sprinkled upon them.

“How do you feel, Harold?” asked Abigail.

“Er… better, I guess.” he replied.

“Alright guys, lets get her inside,” said Andrew. “And now we can get some shut eye knowing there’s no eyes watching us at night.”

“And get ready for another adventure again tomorrow!” said Harold, seeming already prepared for the journeys that lied ahead.

Last edited:
Chapter 2 is here! Read it now!

As dawn approached, Sunny was tired and cold.

“Why is there so much going on at night?” she said. “I’m sleepless…”

“Is there anything I can do?” asked Andrew.

“Sure, put another five layers around this house so I don’t have to hear the moaning of those zombies.”

Andrew sighed. “I used to live in a cave before you got here.”

“Why?”

“Now that I think about it, I don’t really know. It was just comfy, I guess.”

“Oh thank god, the sun is finally up.”

Then suddenly, the banging on the doors all stopped abruptly. As the sun started poking up out of the horizon, she could see many figures slowly limping away from the house to the nearest cavern, some of them not even making it in time and being burned to death, because of their lack of skin, clothing, and sunscreen.

“Are you sure those are all zombies?” Sunny asked the guide.

“You can never be sure if a human is zombified in the beginning, or if you think it’s a zombie, but it’s actually a hobo that looks like a zombie, especially in this world. To me, they all look the same. What a waste of lives…” he replied.

Sunny stared at him in confusion.

“Whatever. Next you should collect some coins that drop from slimes and stuff, to attract a merchant. Once you collect some silver coins, he’ll show up and ask you to buy something from him.”

“Wait… there’s more people around here?”

“Of course there is! What did you think; we were left here to repopulate this world?”

Sunny looked away, suddenly red in the face, obviously thinking exactly what he had said. Andrew laughed and said, “I don’t blame you, you’ve only been here a day. I need to get you up-to-date on what the world’s expectations are of you.”

“Okay, but first, tell me a little more about this merchant you speak of.”

“Well he’s quite the wanderer, you see. He doesn’t stay in one place for long, unless of course, he is provided with a proper living space.”

“Of course,” Sunny replied, looking off somewhere in the distance. ”Of course.”

Well, there are a few grammatical and spelling errors. The writing doesn't really seem that creative IMO, but I did just finish Razor Knight's NPC Chronicles, so I have higher standards.
Yeah, Razor is pretty impressive. He's what inspired me, but he didn't answer me when I told him. Otherwise, there's no way that I had any "grammatical or spelling errors", because I wrote it on Microsoft Word, and I checked all my errors...?

Yeah, Razor is pretty impressive. He's what inspired me, but he didn't answer me when I told him. Otherwise, there's no way that I had any "grammatical or spelling errors", because I wrote it on Microsoft Word, and I checked all my errors...?
"Your guide through guide this world." "Replied and stated." I don't think you can do both at the same time while talking.

Ayeeee sup guys! Good stuff so far I guess.
MgLTDVQ.gif

Back
Top Bottom