NPCs & Enemies Supercomputer! (Mechanical Brain of Cthulhu)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Eh, kinda.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Not really.....

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

R1ch4rd N1x0n

Terrarian
There should be a mechanical version of the Brain of Cthulhu. It is what you fight instead of The Destroyer in a crimson world, it is almost equally as hard to fight as the destroyer, but slightly harder. It drops similar items, just crimson versions. And it drops souls of intelligence, which are the same as souls of might and can be used as replacement for souls of might in crafting recipes. The Supercomputer is fought in crimson worlds and The Destroyer is fought in corrupt worlds. To summon it, you craft the mechanical brain (obviously), it is crafted the same way as the mechanical worm, except that the mechanical worm will require rotten chunks and the mechanical brain requires vertebraes. If you think the name needs changed, let me know, also let me know if the idea itself needs changes.

I need help with sprites, what The Supercomputer could look like and what the mechanical brain could look like.

Alright. This has been done quite a few times but nothing's stopping this from being it's own thread so long as it is unique enough.

As it stands all we have is slightly harder than the destroyer. That tells us nothing. You should list attack patterns, some general stats, that kind of thing.

Also the soul name breaks the tradition of ending with -ight. Insight is the closest you can go without breaking it.

Seeing as how you now have a new crafting material you should probably use it. Most importantly you should make an alternate to the megashark, something often depended on for the twins/prime fight.

Alright. This has been done quite a few times but nothing's stopping this from being it's own thread so long as it is unique enough.

As it stands all we have is slightly harder than the destroyer. That tells us nothing. You should list attack patterns, some general stats, that kind of thing.

Also the soul name breaks the tradition of ending with -ight. Insight is the closest you can go without breaking it.

Seeing as how you now have a new crafting material you should probably use it. Most importantly you should make an alternate to the megashark, something often depended on for the twins/prime fight.
Did people actually call it the supercomputer or something else? And you aren't saying that it is an issue that I posted this are you?

Did people actually call it the supercomputer or something else? And you aren't saying that it is an issue that I posted this are you?
There's been many different names when it comes to a mechanical BoC. This is the only one I've seen so far that has been named the Supercomputer.

No. The policy on duplicates allows threads on the same topic so long as they are different enough. There were two other sky biome expansions before I made mine.

He's saying that the base idea you're presenting has been stated before, that you are lacking in certain details such as how it behaves and attacks, and that the idea of 'souls of intelligence' do not match the 'Soul of _ight' theme.
Also, I do not think he in particular has a problem with the topic itself, that would be incredibly silly, he's merely offering constructive criticism to help you make the initial idea better.

I may have a Mechanical Brain Sprite that may work.
image.png
I'm terrible at spriting brains, so I based it a bit off of the BoC mask.

Back
Top Bottom