Game Mechanics Survival Mode

I have enough to micromanage, without the added need to feed my in game character. And the idea of having sleep necessary is absurd, no game has ever made sleep a requirement, as it takes away game-play from the player.

I have enough to micromanage, without the added need to feed my in game character. And the idea of having sleep necessary is absurd, no game has ever made sleep a requirement, as it takes away game-play from the player.

It a request for a 'mode'. Not necessary, not a requirement. If you find it too difficult or don't like to micromanage, you can just not enable it.

There are loads of games that have survival requirements. Try Google if you don't believe me. A lot of people find it more immersive. Grow food, cook it, eat it, stay healthy. As for sleep, you wouldn't magically heal in 10 seconds, potions would be rare and difficult to craft, resting in a bed for a minute accelerates health and speeds time.

I've always been curious about the idea of adding this. Fallout New Vegas has a mode(and a mode that extends the idea even further) that adds a lot of survival aspects. It's definitely challenging, but not in the best way. The key for something like this is execution. If it's implemented poorly, it'll just be a drag and a waste of time.

I'd like for them to one day add it, assuming they add a system that works well. :) I don't ubderstand why people would be totally against it. Just don't use the mode if you don't want to?

Back
Top Bottom