Resolved [Switch] 100+ hours large world won’t load...

Hdjoelds

Terrarian
Dude this game is great but the port on the Nintendo switch is trash. It’s been so buggy but I’ve fought through it cause I really enjoyed this game. But now my world won’t load at all. Every time I try to load the world it crashes saying “The software was closed because an error occurred”. Tried loading it about 10 times already, both single and multiplayer.

If someone could help me out it would be great.

Attachments

• 268C8CBC-9A7E-4959-8EBA-72843FF593C4.jpeg
    268C8CBC-9A7E-4959-8EBA-72843FF593C4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 143
Dude this game is great but the port on the Nintendo switch is trash. It’s been so buggy but I’ve fought through it cause I really enjoyed this game. But now my world won’t load at all. Every time I try to load the world it crashes saying “The software was closed because an error occurred”. Tried loading it about 10 times already, both single and multiplayer.

If someone could help me out it would be great.
Hi there @Hdjoelds, welcome to the forums. :) I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue, I know how hard it is when a world that you’ve spent so much time on won’t open, and I’m not sure that Switch allows the player to make backup copies of their world.

Do other worlds open up okay? What happens if you try to open the big world with a different - or even new - character? Have you tried turning off the Switch completely (hold Power Button for 3-5 seconds>Power Settings>Shut Down)?

If none of those options make a difference, and if one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, I'm sorry to say that the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered.

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): Support

If you do get it fixed, I’d love a follow up of what the solution was so that I can help others with the same problem.

Do other worlds open up okay? What happens if you try to open the big world with a different - or even new - character? Have you tried turning off the Switch completely (hold Power Button for 3-5 seconds>Power Settings>Shut Down)?

Okay, you’re questions got me thinking and I tried opening the world with another character and it worked so I figured it was my spawn point. I walked over to the bed and deleted it and now I am back in the world with my original character. It seems the area I planted my spawn point is what made the game crash...thank you so much..

Okay, you’re questions got me thinking and I tried opening the world with another character and it worked so I figured it was my spawn point. I walked over to the bed and deleted it and now I am back in the world with my original character. It seems the area I planted my spawn point is what made the game crash...thank you so much..
So glad to hear that @Hdjoelds! Thanks for following up and letting me know.

Back
Top Bottom